Chapter 8

January 5, 2016

It really bothered me when Zeke hung up the call immediately when we were talking yesterday. He also didn't call me Aqui. He just laughed it off when I told him about Kean, but I don't think he really finds it funny.

"Eli, have you talked to Russelle yesterday?" Adie asked me while we were on our way to school.

"Yeah, how did you know?" I ask him.

"Her mom called my mother, and then we talked for a while," he said.

"What did you two talk about?" he asks.

"Well, I called him to ask how he was, and he said that he's okay there. I also told him that we met a new friend," I explained, and he nodded.

"I told him about that too. I said it was nice to meet Kean because I am getting sick of your faces already," Adie said, then laughed while I frowned at him.

"Did you ask us if we're not getting tired of you?" Cal rebutted, and I laughed as I saw Adie's expression change.

"Cal, you know what? You really know how to spoil the mood. You really know how to annoy me. Do you have a grudge against me?" Adie said.

"I don't have any grudges towards you. You just really know how to annoy me too," Cal replied.

"Why are you guys always arguing? I thought you were friends," Kean said.

"That's their way of showing love to each other," I said to Kean.

"Oh, okay. Who are they talking about?" he asks.

"It's Russelle, our friend from Manila," I said, and he raised his brows.

"We met him last month, and he spent his birthday, Christmas, and New Year here with us," I explained.

"Hmm, is that so?" Kean said.

"Yeah, Russelle is also kind, so I am sure you two will get along," I said, and I smiled at him.

"Okay," he replied, and we got to school together.

"Indeed, you two will be friends too," Cal said.

February 8, 2016

A month has passed, but Zeke and I still haven't talked. I didn't have the courage to talk to him again because he might not want to talk to me. I guess introducing Kean didn't go well with him because he thought we had replaced him right away.

The month of February also came like a wind, and Adie's birthday is already coming up. I have been preparing for his birthday for a long time.

He mentioned that they would hold a party at their house. Of course, he invited the three of us to come. It's a shame because Russelle is not here with us, so we are not complete.

"Guys, it's fine with me even if you don't give me anything. I am not obliging you, but think of this as my way of reminding you," Adie said when we were walking home from school.

It's clear that he's excited for tomorrow.

"Really? It's okay if we don't have gifts?" Cal asks.

"Yeah, but-" Adie said, but Cal interrupted him.

"That's nice because I can't think of anything to give you," Cal said with a blank expression.

He's messing with Adie again. Oh my, these two are really stubborn.

I watched Adie, but he just looked at him and said nothing, so I said, "Adie, I have a present for you."

"Really?" he asks.