Prologue: War Of Death

"Men! assemble!!"

"Men! assemble!!"

"Yes Sir!"

"Burn down every single house in Springvale! Spare not a single soul!"

"Sir!"

The soldiers ruthlessly marched on the burning grass with no look of sympathy in their faces. 

Nothing much was left in Mondstad. Every city had been burned and people were mercilessly slaughtered. Even now as Springvale was being destroyed, children cried and adults watched.

"No! PLEASE! I AM BEGGING YOU! DON'T KILL MY HUSBAND! PLEA-", before the woman could stop speaking, her throat was cut down and the husband was killed with several merciless stabs of spears right in front of her eyes. She sat with her bleeding throat with eyes that were waiting for death.

In the bushes, a woman tightly held her two children. One a little girl of about three and the other a young lad of twelve. 

"Jean... run away with the kids", her husband said as he tightly held them all.

"No...What will we ever do without you Diluc!?", Jean cried with devastation.

Diluc looked at his two children and gave a soft smile. "Live... that's all you have to do"

The little girl shivered with fear in her mother's embrace while the brother helplessly watched his parents in despair. 

"Dad... mom.. i don't want to stay without you two", the girl said with tears rolling down her face.

Jean's eyes couldn't look at her daughter without her heart hurting. "I am so sorry Barbara... I know its scary... it will end my dear child. Mom and dad... both of us will forever be with you... in your heart."

"No! YOU HAVE TO STAY!", Barbara cried out loud.

"Jean! Listen to me! this is no time to be emotional! These bushes won't hide us even for a few minutes. Please... take the children and run away", Diluc said.

"And what about you Diluc!?", Jean said as she held his hand. "Let's go together! Just like Barbara said..."

"You know just as well as I do... just how fatal that thought is. Please Jean... for the sake of our children..."

Diluc stood up and smiled at the three.

"Live... I love all of you... more than anything and everything"

He went in the midst of the fire and Jean sat there helplessly crying. 

But she too stood up and held the hands of her two children. "We need to go as far away as we can"

The three of them ran. In the midst of endless cries and bloody fields, they ran. Until doom struck and they came face to face with a Liyue soldier.

The soldier grinned at the sight of the helpless woman with her children.