Chapter 33

Dae was braiding chaeyoung hair in the five-rivers design

“Your hair is done chaeyoung.Does it please you?” asked dae eager for chaeyoung's opinion but found her princess's mind floating in another world.

"Strong as lion....swift as wind.....gentle as forest and firm as mountain" words came out of chaeyoung's mouth like she is in dream.

"Who are you talking about, chaeyoung ?" asked dae impishly, though she could read chaeyoung's mind  just like every time

"You know Who ?" Chaeyoung retorted back feigning annoyance. She picked up the heavy silver-backed mirror while she held another one behind my head. The five-stranded braid hung glossily down her back, sparkling with gold pins. I could smell the fragrance of the jasmines woven into it. It was beautiful, but it only made her dissatisfied. What use was all this dressing-up when there was no one to admire her ? Chaeyoung felt as though she was drowning in a backwater pond while everything important in the world was happening elsewhere.

“I’ve seen the way he looks at you, princess.I am pretty sure inside his heart there is obviously a soft corner for you” chaeyoung frowned as dae’s words churned through her mind. Could it be true? Was that why he was so hesitant talk with her all the time ?

Dae saw chaeyoung pondering for quite some time then amazed to see eyes shining with a new excitement. Out of curiosity she instantly inquired

"What's is that ? Seemed like you have decided some thing !"

"Last time, when the emperor visited he had gave me a word that I can ask any wishes from him.I think now I know what should I seek from him !"  an enigmatic smile played on chaeyoung's lips when she said that.

The following day, very early in the morning; chaeyoung was making her way back to the chamber.Even though her walk looked normal for an onlooker, it wasn't the case as her mind was somewhere else. It was not until corridor after corridor she realized she was lost.

She looked around and tried to retrace her steps. The gardens she passed were immaculate, the lush grass green even in the dim gray light.Even as she stood there a man came into the courtyard carrying a silver casket. He was dressed simply in white. The princess straightened from the pillar and started to call out to him. but suddenly drew back recognizing the person. It was Emperor Jungkook! What is he doing here ?.It also came into her mind that she had never seen him wearing these kind of simple clothes before.Out of curiosity she slid down behind the pillar and peeped around it. Why was he alone ?

While chaeyoung watching, Jungkook went to the opposite end of the courtyard and sat down on a stone bench under a tree. When he made a clicking sound with his tongue, chaeyoung almost fell into the courtyard in surprise as hundreds of pigeons roosting in the eaves came rustling out and flew to him.They swarmed about his feet, their throats moving furiously under a ring of iridescent green feathers. He opened the casket, dipped his hand inside, and threw a handful of rice into the air. The birds immediately began pecking at it, their heads bobbing up and down.