Chapter 5

Roman~

                  Driving home was a well deserved silent ride. Telling Freya without really telling her what her family really thinks of her, was something that needed to be done. I did my research on her father as well. You could tell he was the type to treat her differently. But Freya needed to know and finding out that way seemed to be the less obvious way. Being direct and obvious is and never will be my intentive move, it has always been on the down-low to allow those to think what is out of the ordinary.

                   Finally getting home, my mother greeted me at the garage door with open arms. But I could tell she was worried. Which gives me a sense of feeling she found out about something and I was hoping it wasn't the whole Dennis issue.

                   "Mom." I said while giving her hug after I got out of my car. Her hugs were always welcoming. But tomorrow was going to be interesting, knowing how tense Freya's father is as a whole person.  

                    "I heard sirens and when I realized you weren't home, I was afraid you gotten into some trouble." she said, while her voice sounded like she was ready to cry or she was crying. "I didn't get a call from you, and I know you are usually safe, but it just scares me when I hear sirens because-" 

                     "Because of your past. I know mom, I won't let that happen again. I promise." I interrupted. 

                     My moms past wasn't so great as her best friend was chased down by police and was killed by police. Her best friend Serena and her husband Atticus were like Bonnie and Clyde - both were young, thrill seekers, got away with a lot of crimes, but their drive was cut short when her best friends parents put a hit on her and Atticus. Unfortunately, Atticus wasn't so smart when it came to his surroundings and robbed a jewelry place nearby police were enjoying a simple lunch. So when the alarm went off, the police were alerted and chased the two down. My mom's best friend was showing fear when she was keeping an eye on the police and how close they were getting. One of the cops shot at a tire and forced them to stop - but as soon as Serena stepped out to show she is turning herself in, one of the police shot her in the heart. The shot caused Serena to collapse onto the ground, her last moments were watching her husband fight as long as he can out of rage until he was shot and killed by the same men. 

                     My mom smiled, knowing how I remember everything so well. But she doesn't really watch the news or read it at least, and it is how I get my sources or information for whoever is involved with my family. I realized it was late, based on the time, and lead my mother inside. Helping her in bed and making sure her meds were taken, I left her room as soon as she was asleep and went to my room. 

                     Finally getting to my room and getting a shower in, my mind wanders to other places as I imagined Freya being scared or sad about tomorrow. I have no idea what is in store, but I do know my mother left a suit that looked way too nice for me. Then I realized it was my father's when her and my dad were married. He was wearing it to stand out from the rest of the guest. A hint of red to emphasize power and the rest black for boldness. My mother knew someday I would be able to wear it, and that day was tomorrow when it came to meeting my chosen wife. 

                     After climbing into bed, my mind was racing til I couldn't even focus on my own thoughts. I had to do something to shut the inner voices. I opened the window and realized the wind was beginning as the news said there was a storm coming in. At this point, the wind and storm itself, would help ease me into a deep slumber. But it didn't. Something didn't seem right with Freya - I needed to know more of her. I had to know her past, her traumas, her intelligence, everything. I had to know. I pulled out my laptop to search up Freya and her history, and it was filled with information that I wasn't aware of. It made me think that this girl will not be the ordinary mafia princess or queen to be exact. My mother also hid information from me when she handed me Freya's file. The other girls' had competition without realizing it. 

                     Freya DiStellio~~

                    - Daughter of Salvatore DiStellio and Iris DiStellio. Has 2 brothers, Jett and Vince. Youngest of the three children. 
                    - Witness death at a young age and entered the mafia business at the age of 16. 
                    - Murdered over 50 people without mercy. 
                    - Knows how to operate motorcycles and fast vehicles. Knows the ins and outs of each street and alleys.
                    - Dagger, gun, hand to hand combat training at the age of 16. Mastered within months of starting.
                    - Proceed with caution when approaching ; will study your movements before you even calculate your next move as she was trained assassin leveled techniques.

                     What I had just read was the tip of the iceberg, there was more. Freya was more than a daughter to a major mafia leader, she was a weapon to his liking. She was seen as only a weapon and rather not used to her full potential. 

                     "Freya DiStellio, you are definitely something. I wanna know more of you before I agree to anything or to letting you in." I muttered to myself.

                      Not realizing how early it was in the morning hours, I shut everything off and finally was able to fall asleep. 

                       Waking up was a hassle in itself due to the hours of research. Freya already had a hit on her at the age of 18 when she murdered a mafia leader in public. Somehow escaping her fate behind bars and managed to get her way back home just hours of the police giving up on their search. That would explain her choice of ride, the motorcycle. She was able to hide her identity with her helmet and only able to show her eyes to those who are curious. Giving them the taste of curiosity even more. 

                        My mother had prepped everything before the time of the DiStellio family were to arrive. I made my way down all suited up and with a hidden gun in the back of my belt loop. My mother looks up at me and her smile shun through the sadness that also presented itself. 

                        "You look just like your father. He would be so proud of you and smiling with the man you had become." she managed to say before choking up in tears. 

                        "Don't worry mom. He will be remembered as his legacy lives on with me running his business. I won't let that grt tarnished." I said reassuringly.

                         My mother gave me a hug before letting go, realizing the time. The DiStellio family would be arriving soon and the head of the family, is punctual on time. But my main concern was Freya. I was worried and nervous of who I get to meet today. Will it be the fearless girl who will cut out an eye or a girl who won't speak until told. 

                         Once the doorbell rang, my mother opened the door confidently and welcomed Freya and her family in warmly. My mouth dropped when I saw Freya wearing a beautiful black slim dress that had a slit on her left side. Clearly hiding a small dagger that can be missed to an ordinary eye, but not by me when it's hugging her right thigh and hiding behind fabric. Her shoes were stiletto, silver and opened toe. Hair was up in a high ponytail as she had bangs to frame her facial structured. Her makeup was neutral tones to compliment her pale complexion, except for her lip color as it hinted a bit of wine red tint to her lips. She remained stoned, though, as her family walked through the doors. Her demeanor meant she was told to be silent and behave like one should - only to speak when addressed personally. But my plan for her to open up to me, is to get her away from her family so she can breathe and trust me. If she can trust me and open up, then I can do the same.