Chapter 1: Clash

At each end of the ruined street were two factions - the Dark Order and the Royals, along with The Queen. Aria didn't expect the battle to unfold like this. Atticus was severely wounded and was resting in a nearby house, along with Fiyeree and Peter who were tending to him. Something had scarred Fiyeree in the caverns, and she didn't want to reveal what it was. Against all odds, Sophie and Mindy had joined them in an attempt to avenge their sister's death. Lola, inflicted with scratches and wounds all across her body was ready to fight, along with Luca and Julie who had just arrived. Everyone was scarred and tired, but ready to keep going.

"Remember the plan," Aria told the group before her eyes began to glow a blue hue. There was a roar from the sky, and everyone looked up to see the large crimson dragon flying toward them.

"Good luck to you all," The Queen spoke regally, before shifting into her large dragon form. She leapt into the sky, flying toward the King. The two titans clashed, a contrasting mix of pure white and blood red. The Queen dove, tackling The King's longer body down into a ruined building.

Aria charged first, running ahead. She was followed by Lola, next to her and then, Luca. She counted five royal enemies plus a couple of soldiers with the usual blaster they needed to take down. The royals were The Empress, in her white demon mask, Athena, Atticus's dethroned sister, Suki, the puppeteer, the masked man and a royal named Flynn who could shoot combustions. They were outmatched, but she was sure they would emerge victorious.

Lola launched upward, then shot a flame at the Dark Order, propelling down on Athena. She threw a fiery punch, sending Athena into Suki's puppets.

"Die!" Suki screamed, her puppets running at Lola.

A mix of blue and white flashed before Lola's eyes and when she turned to look at Suki's puppets, they were all on the floor, their heads decapitated.

Aria appeared at the centre swinging her spear as lightning bolts flickered off her. She gave Lola a faithful nod, before zooming off to fight Suki.

"Where is my brother?" Athena screamed, forming a large ball of light in her fingers. Suddenly, rays of light shot at Lola, her quick reflexes managing to dodge all but a few rays, shooting into her body. Sophie charged at Athena from behind, swinging a blade at her waist. Athena manoeuvred to the side. "How dare YOU betray us."

"They were wrong! The King isn't our saviour - he KILLED DIANA!" Mindy screamed, swinging her blade at Athena.

Mindy and Sophie charged simultaneously from opposite directions, and both blades headed toward Athena. But she was too fast. Athena leapt to the side, hustling around Mindy and then spinning around and sending her dagger through Sophie's heart.

Mindy screamed in agony as she tumbled over. Athena walked over, pressing the dagger against Mindy's neck. "You were never fit for the team."

Then, a loud noise rang throughout the battlefield. Scores of Kaladorian soldiers and rebels appeared around the street, one of them sending a bullet through Athena's leg.

"AUGH!" Athena screamed, falling to the floor. Flynn ran behind her, launching a combustion-like bomb from his mouth aimed toward the soldiers. Dozens of soldiers flew into the air.

"Not so fast," Luca said, holding up Flynn. "You're not going anywhere." He spun his cane and readied himself, Julie appearing next to him with her quarterstaff.

Flynn lit a combustion in his hand and then threw it at Julie.

"JULIE!" Luca yelled, blowing a funnel of wind at the combustion. But it wasn't enough. The orange ball landed on Julie's quarterstaff, exploding against her. She flew into the air, landing in Luca's arms.

Luca landed with wind cushioning his fall. "Julie? Julie? Are you ok? Say something." Julie didn't reply. Luca slowly placed her down, shushing her as he did.

"You'll regret that," Luca said sternly. He placed his hands together, and an air bubble began to form around Athena and Flynn's heads, lifting them from the ground.

They both gagged loudly, unable to breathe as Luca sucked the air from their very lungs. "DIE!" Luca shouted, and within a few moments, Flynn fell to the ground with a loud thud and a wrinkled lifeless face.

CRACK!

A flash of white appeared before his very eyes, before sending a slash through Luca's thigh.

Luca tumbled in agony.

"Luca, I'm disappointed. But not surprised," The Empress said, aligning her katana with Luca's neck. Just as she was about to strike, a quick flash of blue exploded at the Empress, throwing her into a wall on the other side of the battlefield.

Aria appeared, sparks of electricity flicking off her spear. "Empress. It's the end for you all. Give up." Aria threw a lightning-quick punch, slamming The Empress into the dirt.

The Empress looked up, her white mask cracked through the middle. There was something about it that Aria found familiar, but she couldn't place what it was.

CRACK!

The Empress appeared again, this time behind Aria. She slashed her through her waist, causing her to tumble to the ground. "I'm surprised you didn't figure this out earlier Aria. My, my, it was obvious wasn't it?" She mocked, walking over and pulling Aria's head up by her hair.

"Look at me. LOOK AT ME!" The Empress screamed in her face.

Aria blinked back into reality. "H-hayley. No...it can't be."

Hayley chuckled. "That's the thing about you Aria. You're too weak. That's why Charlie left."

Aria groaned in pain as Hayley's blade walked across her face. "What did y-you do to h-him.."

"Something you could never do," Hayley whispered. "Goodbye Aria." Suddenly, a thorn ripped through the earth, grabbing Hayley's arm just as her blade sliced through Aria's hair.

"GET AWAY!" Fiyeree called from behind. She ran at Hayley and then slammed her hands into the earth. Seconds after, dozens of thorny vines ripped from the earth and shot at Hayley.

Hayley teleported around a vine, and then again, but before she could escape, a vine writhed through her waist, holding her still.

Fiyeree puffed, finally letting go of the ground. "ARIA!" She shouted, running over. She helped Aria up, who had only minor injuries other than a brutal wound on her back.

"Kill them!" Hayley screeched, still covered in vines.