piledriver waltz

ON THE DAYS WHERE HUMAN INTERACTION turned to overeager rated smiles with all lines of her braces showing, Sola liked isolation. She liked separating herself from idle chatter. She liked being somewhere in which no one would throw here a glance. She liked being free of heavy gazes peeping and prodding every bad thing about her. She liked the feeling of no pressure, no harm. She liked isolation because no one was watching and she could be herself.
Sola also liked dancing. She liked moving in precise swirls and poised curls. She liked moving her limbs to the sound of light music, she liked spinning and twirling and swooning and dancing and dancing. Because dancing cleared her mind, and made her happy.
Sola would bend and jump, sway and stop. She'd take a poised first position, stretch her arms and legs. Then she'd move her body along to whatever beat graced her ears. Sola liked that.

So whenever she got tired of the jugdemental stares she got from her uptight family, the forest is where she'd go. She did the same that evening, when she had her mother's permission to go when eyes weren't watching. Sola went out to the forest next to her house, armed with only her headphones, her phone and a pair of ballet flats in her hands.
She didn't stop until she couldn't make out the difference between the woods and the dark. She set herself down on a sneaky tree root which had resurfaced. She put on her headphones, slid her phone into her sweat shorts pocket and exchanged her jordans for the ballet flats. Thankful for the flat ground before her. And with a fleeting look around her, she begun with a spin, so elegant and poised. She started dancing.

HOLIDAYS WERE SUPPOSED to be filled with everlasting mischief and fun. Sneaking and fooling around with your best mates. Singing at the top of your voices to a song you didn't even know the lyrics to. Exploring new places, making goofy memories together. That's why that evening, with the permission of his father to be careful and a fretful warning form his mother to take his wand and call her as soon as something goes wrong, James, Sirius, Remus and Peter headed out to explore the muggle woods behind his house.

They ran in hushed, excited laughs, occasional tripping, mostly from James and Peter. The four 16 year old boys found themselves in a clearing of which a huge oak tree branched out. They immediately took off to climbing it and nestled on a branch.

James shuffled upon the tree branch he was on, grimacing as Sirius nearly flew off and fell onto the hard ground. He and Remus casually grabbed him by the back of his neck, and Peter grabbed his phone to take a picture. They raised Sirius up, who gave them a grateful pat on their backs. James was about to open his mouth to make a snide remark when Sirius started aggressively tapping him and pointing at something.

"Oi, what are you hittin me fo-"

He gasped. There was a girl, fucking dancing in the middle of the forest.

"Do you think it's the Serbian Dancing lady?"

"Peter, I don't think she's young."

"Should we get e closer look, I mean, worst case scenario she's a muggle?"

"Bet."

The boys glanced at each other and started to descend the tree with quiet, tentative steps. They'd good close to the tree as in order not to be seen. As they got closer, James could see how beautiful she was.

The girl was clad in a white tank top and black sweatshorts, and for shoes, ballet flats..? She twirled with such precision James wanted to clap, but second guessed it as they didn't want to be seen. She descended into something of a ballet recital. She pranced and landed on one leg, to which she curled into herself. James could really see how pretty she was from where he was, She was foreign looking. And had long pin straight black hair that reached her thighs. She had a curvy figure, and was slightly more than skinny. She wore huge black rimmed glasses, almost like his; but his were smaller than hers. Her eyes were closed, James noticed, and headphones were upon her ears. She had a dainty face of high cheek bones and doe shaped eyes. And her facial harmony was on point.

Then, like a broken record player, she got stuck in a series of long spins on the tips of her feet. Her hair whipped around her figure. James was fascinated by her, however he failed to notice how her stance turned to face him and his friends. Her eyes opened to the most brilliant dark blue he had ever seen in his life.

As soon as they both realized what was going on, the girls eyebrows furrowed, and James eyes widened comically. Sirius yelped, Remus took a step back and Peter was looking everywhere but her.

She took a step forward as she wrenched off her headphones. Her eyes widened comically and she grimaced, "Nope." and they caught a glimpse of her braces.

"Pretend you never saw that, or me, I'm sorry if you're the owner of this forest or something. Uhh, bye?" She immediately ran away, jogging to grab a pair of black Jordan fours a few feet away.

"Nahh, you can't just leave like that?"

She gave them a once over, "Yes I can, but please, you never saw that, you were never here and you won't tell a single soul, please I just moved here I want some peace."

"Damn, okay."

"You gotta relax though, we don't own this place, He," Sirius pointed to James, "lives over the side of that wood."

She nodded, "okay that's good, well bye! Nice meeting you!"

"We didn't get your name!"

"It's Sola!" And she was off, finning off into the dark wood. The boys shared a smile as they started at an awe struck James. He was staring at the place she used to be standing.

"She's so pretty." An awkward lopsided grin mounted on his face as he said that statement, his face a light red hue. Sirius chuckled, stretching lightly with a yawn.

"Well, that was eventful, let's go James."