Meteor Shower

"I'm so tired," Belphegor said with a yawn as he and his brothers descended the stone steps of RAD and headed across the grounds, "why did that meeting have to drag on for so long?"

"That meeting went on for too long," Leviathan muttered in agreement under his breath as he played a game on his portable console while he walked, "I just want to go home and marathon The Magical Ruri Hana: Demon Girl."

"It wouldn't have taken so long if Belphie could keep his eyes open for more than five minutes," Satan said in a reprimanding tone, he shook his head with a sigh, "we kept having to wake him up before we could move onto the next topic or make any decisions."

"I can't help it," Belphegor groaned, "asking me to stay awake is like asking Mammon not to steal stuff."

"Hey!" Mammon burst angrily as he rounded on Belphegor. "Why did ya single me out?"

"Who else was I going to single out?" Belphegor asked.

"What about Beel? He never stops eating! Or Asmo, he loves himself too much!"

"I'm hungry," Beelzebub murmured to himself and held his abdomen as his stomach gave a loud growl, "I think I'll head to Madam Scream's."

"I'll come too then," Belphegor nodded at his twin.

"Don't just ignore me!" Mammon snapped.

"I should have time to get changed and head out to The Fall," Asmodeus hummed to himself thoughtfully as he scrolled through Devilgram on his D.D.D, "they're doing two-for-one on all drinks tonight, you're coming too, right Satan?"

"Huh?" Satan gave Asmodeus a bewildered stare. "Why me?"

"I'll go!" Mammon called out excitedly.

"Fine, but you're buying your own drinks," Asmodeus said in a teasing voice.

"But you just said drinks were two-for-one, there's no way you're gonna drink two at once!"

Lucifer faltered in his footsteps, letting himself fall behind the group of brothers as he shook his head and massaged his temple to ease the headache that was building up.

"Good grief," he murmured to himself with a frown as he slowly came to a stop and watched his brothers' retreating backs while they continued to argue and bicker amongst themselves as they walked.

"Woah! Look at that!" Leviathan's voice caught Lucifer's attention.

The otaku pointed towards the sky, making Lucifer shift his gaze to see streaks of blue light that fizzled out as they passed through the darkened sky in quick succession.

Lucifer felt a tightness in his chest and a great sadness wash over him as he stared up, watching as meteors cascaded down from the sky.

The sound of his excitable brothers soon became muffled and distant as he became lost in his own musings.

"I wonder if I burnt as brilliantly when I fell."

The thought crossed his mind as a meteor with a particularly large and bright tail raced across the Devildom sky.

Lucifer gave a startled jolt as a hand gently clasped around his shoulder, pulling him out of his stupor.

He could feel a tear already rolling down his cheek, he slowly brought a hand up to wipe it away as discreetly as he could — he was silently thankful to whoever had grabbed him for rousing him before anyone else had noticed.

"— although meteor showers are as common in the Devildom as they are in the Human World or the Celestial Realm, a blue meteor shower only occurs every millennium," Barbatos's voice reached Lucifer, he quickly spotted the demon butler standing with the rest of his brother's who were listening intently with keen expressions as they continued to watch the spectacle above them, "it's an incredibly rare phenomenon that we call 'The Tears of the Devildom'—"

Lucifer finally turned his head to find Diavolo at his side, staring up at the sky too with his hand still on Lucifer's shoulder.

He felt Diavolo give his shoulder a comforting squeeze, almost as though he did so in response to Lucifer's gaze.

"We truly are lucky to be able to witness such a rare and beautiful sight." Diavolo said with a soft smile.

Lucifer let his eyes wander back towards the sky too, the tension in his chest ebbed away and he was filled with a peaceful sense of serenity instead as he gave a small smile of his own, "it is rather beautiful, isn't it?"