Chapter 1: I'm Not Going To A School For Pigs

(BTW, Hogwarts has an 8th year.)

Asher had spent the last thirty minutes explaining everything about the Wizarding World to Reyna. She'd gotten the gist of it. Apparently, Asher was related to someone named Harry Potter, and this Potter boy was a hero. He defeated a villain called Voldemort who didn't have a nose, and Potter was the "chosen one" of a prophecy. And he went to Hogwarts, a school in Britain for wizards and witches who waved wooden sticks around to cast spells.

When Asher finally finished, Reyna picked up the letter and read it over again. It said:

Dear Miss Ramirez-Arellano,

  We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted into Hogwarts School Of Witchcraft And Wizardry. Enclosed is a note listing the books and equipment you will need this term. In light of our recent war with He-Who-Still-Must-Not-Be-Named, many students have understandably left Hogwarts. We are looking for students to fill in their space, which is the reason you are getting this letter in your 8th year rather than your 1st year.

   The term begins on September 1st. Please take the train at Kings Cross and go straight to platform 9 and 3/4. 

            Yours Sincerely, 

            Minerva McGonagall, Deputy Headmistress 

Asher looked over at her, probably expecting her to be struck with awe and shock. Reyna stared back at him with her signature poker face. She was utterly unfazed, because once you're a demigod, nothing can surprise you. 

"So...are you going to go to Hogwarts?" Asher asked slowly. 

"Um, no. I have enough drama in my life, thank you very much." Reyna told him, huffing. She was mad at him for not telling her about the Wizarding world sooner. 

"But you got the letter!"

"I'm going to burn it and forget this ever happened!"

"You can't do that!"

"I'm not going to a school named after freaking hogs!"

"NO NOISE IN THE LIBRARY!" The librarian shouted, waving a book around in anger. Reyna rolled her eyes and walked out to take her exam. 

Maybe she could consider going. After all, it would be pretty cool to learn how to do magic with wands. Then she scoffed. Hogwarts. What a bizarre name.