Emotions and Purpose 

A soft ringing sounded as Meggy groaned, slowly getting out of her slumber, she could hear beeping of a machine and the sound of the TV that was attached to the wall. She slowly sat up and rubbed her eyes, looking around. She was greeted with Mario, looking at her with worry. "Mario...? Am I.. in the hospital...?" She was still getting aware of her surroundings, the ringing in her ears coming to a stop. It was late and snowing outside, she could see the lights of buildings, she's probably on a higher level in the hospital.

"Y-Yeah... a-are you alright? Does anything hurt..?"

"N-no... just... sore... wait... where's Tari?"

Those words made Mario pause for a moment, his face going from worry to fear.

"Mario, Where's Tari...? Where is she?"

"I... I don't know how to tell you this but..."

"But what?"

"She became a deviant"

Tari gasped as she jolted her body up, her LED still flashing a red color as she looked around, breathing heavily.

(Credits to ryuu_K00 on Twitter! Go give them a follow!)

Was... was that supposed to be a nightmare? She shook her head. "No.... Androids can't dream..." she thought, she smacked her hand against her head. "I'm not supposed to even have thoughts" she looked around, she was in a abandoned car, just hours before she was running away from the people she was supposed to work for, now she's wearing clothes that doesn't even belong to her and sleeping in a abandoned car. Stealing the clothes from the Laundry mat wasn't her proudest moment but she needed to get rid of the uniform incase she was reported, made her a feel a new emotion, Guilt. She sighed as she got out of the car, seeing that it was still snowing, she still had her duty belt on and she doubled checked for her weapons, a taser and her gun. She knew her left hand can immediately switch to a firearm but for some reason... she felt like it wasn't going to help. She kicked the snow as she huffed, pacing around in a worried manner. "What am I going to do...? This whole thing... what's my purpose now? Why did my system go rogue? Everything is so damn confusing...!" She gripped on the puffy jacket she was wearing, getting frustrated at herself. She thought back the events that happened as she got back in the car. Remembering seeing Meggy drop infront of her, remembering she broke out of her programing just to get her out of the burning building, "Meggy... is she the reason...?" Tari pulled up a screen from her left arm, replaying the first time she got a software instability.

"I noticed that you look tired, have you been having trouble sleeping?"
"You noticed a lot of things, no, just went to bed late is all..."
"How late? Cause I can help with your sleep schedule"
"you don't need to know that... also what's with your arm? Shouldnt be.. like your other?"

She softly smiled as she saw Meggy in-front of her again, seeing her beautiful eyes, and her freckled face, She could feel her face getting warm and she got rid of the screen, holding her face as sat there confused. "What is this emotion...? What does it mean...?" She thought back over every moment she had with Meggy, then she realized, this strange feeling has always sticked with her ever since she met Meggy, it never left as they grew close, suddenly, Tari heard a knock on the window. "hey there new fr-" Tari screamed as she kicked the door opened, knocking the figure back onto her back. She immediately got out of the car and grabbed her weapon, hearing another figure. "Woah! Hey take it easy!" She aimed her gun at them. "GET AWAY FROM ME!" She could feel the pounding in her chest as her breathing quickened, her body shook as she backed away, she didn't even noticed the third figure taking her taser, the figure turned it on and immediately tased her neck, seeing her fall to the ground when it was pulled away.

"MASA! WHAT THE HELL?!"

"She's not in a state where she's willing to talk, she's still going through emotional shock" the figure helped the girl up from the ground and picked up Tari. "We need to leave or else this place is going to have the police department all over"

Tari groaned as she slowly sat up, her neck having a stinging pain as she looked around, she was in a room, panic soon struck as she realized this wasn't the place she was before, the door opened and it was the girl that she knocked over. "Oh! You're awake-" "GET AWAY FROM ME" Tari immediately tried to grab her weapon, only to realize her duty belt was no longer on, she breathed heavily as she tried to back away from the figure far as possible. "Hey hey hey... I know you're scared... emotions are running high and you have no clue where you are, I get it.. I was hoping that we can talk... just for a bit..." the woman calmly explained as she sat down on the ground, "how do I know if I can trust you...?" Tari looked at her with suspicion. The woman opened up her bag and pulled out an LED, "Take a scan of it" she softly smiled, Tari scanned it,

MR600 "Sofia Porter"

"Wow, I didn't expect you to scan from all the way over there" she chuckled, Tari looked away, hugging her knees as she gripped the puffy jacket. "Hey... I know what you're going through... you're questioning everything you known and you're confused and scared of these emotions and you're probably wondering what's your purpose is... i understand that... and me and my friends can help you... We can help you understand these emotions and you will be able to get a new purpose" Sofia scooted closer, holding out her hand, Tari thought for a moment, hesitating as she took her hand and getting up from the bed. "There we go... lets get you settled and have you meet the others, you'll fit right in..."