chapter 1

8:47 AM
_________

Tara groans, her alarm clock ringing in her ear for the second time to remind her of her next shift at the coffee place she works at.

Sometimes she works the day shift, which is the case today, from 9 to 5.

But mostly she's stuck working the night shift, it can be a bit creepy, with a few creeps coming in, but it's not often, usually it's just regular people, or guys eyeing her up.

She prefers the night shifts though since it's a lot more hectic and popular during the daytime.

She whacks her alarm clock out of annoyance, accidentally knocking it off the bedside table and getting out of bed to pick it up.

Tara rubs her eyes and lazily strolls over to brush her teeth.

She then puts on some blue jeans and a thin pink sweater, with some converse.

Before walking out the door she yells out to her best friend, who is also her roommate.

"Liv i'm going to work!"

She doesn't get a response since her lazy ass is still asleep probably.

She shuts the door behind her and walks down the street to work.

She knows the shift will be dreadful but she knows she has something to look forward to, since tomorrow is Friday, and her friend group are all going out drinking on the night.

Most of her group met eachother in college, there was six of them and mostly they just liked to party.

After she arrives at work she ties her apron around her waist and clocks in.

"Rough night?" Her co worker asks.

"Just tired that's all"

"lemme guess...some action?"

"No, i haven't had a relationship in ages, and the last guy i was with, it kind of ended terribly, so i'm just not too bothered"

"Come on girl you need to get out there, you're so pretty i don't see how anyone couldn't like you, and didn't you recently mention that you thought two guys in your friend group had a crush on you?"

"Yeah, ethan and wes, i don't think i'm interested though"

"Well the options always there, i am gonna go home because this shift has fucked me up"

"That's comforting"

"Have fun" She waves as she walks off

"Fuck off" She rolls her eyes jokingly.

-

After a long few hours she begins to walk home, she feels uneasy, it's dark since it's january time, so that makes her even more uncomfortable.

She walks faster until she eventually reaches her apartment and locks the door behind her.

She didn't see anyone but she had an odd feeling that someone was there,  but she knows it was just her paranoia.

her older sister sam was a big fan of horror movies, so when she had to babysit her when she was 6, she had put on a horror movie to watch, and she's been paranoid ever since.

"Hey how was work?" She hears liv say from her spot on the couch.

"It was fine"

"You seem a little on edge are you alright?"

"Yeah i'm just...i don't wanna say cause you'll make fun of me" She plops onto the couch next to liv.

"I won't make fun of you"