Chapter 1 ~ The Invasion

"I need the bone saw!" Y/N Martin called quickly to her fellow nurses. It was bustling in one of the rebel camps. A lot of injuries meant a lot of work to be done.

"Here you go" A nurse handed the saw to Y/N. She grabbed it carefully.

"This may hurt a little, stay still please" Y/N said and applied pressure to a wounded soldier's leg. He squirmed around restlessly but she was used to the fight of the patients. This man had got his leg taken out by a cannon ball. It was a bloody mangled mess.

She pressed the bone saw to the leg and got the job done as quickly as possible. The man screamed in pain and fright. Y/N quickly wrapped gauze around the soldiers nub of a leg, and sent him off.

~~

Hours later after a load of patients, the nurses finally got a break. Y/N and the other nurses walked into a tent and sat down, flattening out their soft white dresses. They all started to gossip about the last few hours work.

Before long two broad men walked in the tent. One with a wide body and long brown hair. The other more slim with blonde curly-ish hair.

"Hello Benjamin. Gabriel." A woman named Anne bowed her head.

"Greetings" Y/N said politely.

"Afternoon, ladies." Benjamin smiled slightly. Gabriel stuck close behind his father. "Good work today" He sighed after that.

"Any specific reason you came here?" Anne said blushing slightly at Gabriel's un-buttoned under shirt.

"No- just to come visit my favorite lady" Gabriel smiled and bent down to kiss her on the cheek. She giggled a little and kissed his cheek back.

Y/N rolled her eyes patiently and looked back at Benjamin, "So? Thats all" She chuckled.

"I guess so" He shrugged and then told Gabriel they had work to do. Right as they were about to leave there was a loud crack in the air and the sounds of horses feet clattering on the ground.

"What was that!" Benjamin's eyes widened and his voice went stern. Anne and Y/N jumped up, as well as Gabriel and ran outside the tent.

"THE BRITISH!" They heard a soldier yell.

"GET YOUR SWORDS!" Another bellowed.

Benjamin and Gabriel ran toward the commotion. Y/N and Anne followed silently.

"Bloody hell...they've invaded." Benjamin cursed under his breath. As they ran closer to the commotion they could see several troops of Red coats. All baring their bayonets. The Colonels up front on their horses.

"Ahh...hello there Benjamin Martin. Yes...I remeber you, on that farm with the stupid little boy. Did he die? Hmm? (Movie Reference)" A Colonel said. He was broad shouldered, with lucious locks of dark brown hair in a low pony. He had cold eyes.

"No...not you..." Benjamin glared coldly at the Colonel.

Not him... Y/N thought, he killed my brother Thomas. HOW COULD HE! Y/N gasped silently.

"As you see Martin, we've come to invade. So simply you could give us our supplies back or we'll have to take hostages," He stopped and looked around in the crowd of rebels holding swords, then to where Y/N was, "Such as that pretty little lady behind you." He smirked.

"We shall not give you any of the supplies. And you simply will not take any of our people hostage!" Benjamin raised his head with confidence.

"OH that's to bad Martin...we'll just have to take some." The Colonel said coldly.

"No!" Y/N yelped, half not thinking.

"What was that?" The Colonel raised an eyebrow.

Y/N eyes widened, "N-nothing-" she muttered.

"To late. Boys take them hostage." The Colonel smiled and turned around. Several of the soldiers came charging at the rebels. Of course they fought back. Some red coats lie dead in the clearing, others scooped up some soldiers helplessly.

Suddenly an officer on a horse came charging at Y/N. The man took her by the waist and threw her onto the back off the horse.

"NO! LET ME GO! FATHER! HELP! GABRIEL!?" She screamed, terrified. She reached for Benjamin and her brother Gabriel. She was out of reach by the time anyone got a grasp on her.

"No! Y/N!" Benjamin and Gabriel both yelled, terrified of losing another. They chased after the officer, but they were all too slow for the horse. They stood at the entrance of their camp staring off into the distance, hearing the screams of their family member getting stolen right from their grip.

~~

(HEY Y'ALL! here is the first chapter of The Rebel and The Colonel! I hope you guys enjoy and make sure to leave comments!)

(Word count 767)