Regressor's Partner

"Kim Dokja..."

Kim Dokja didn't react. Kim Dokja didn't say anything. Rather, he can't. It was his own body that seemed to be stupefied. His face looked like his own world was crumbling down before his eyes.

"T-that look... "

Yoo Joonghyuk was there, on the ground, dying.

"c-confuses... me..."

His lips were smeared with blood. The once-green grass around him painted with crimson red. His short and shallow breathing. His faint and weak voice. His hands and gaze trembling. But somehow, his eyes didn't shine a single hint of fear. Instead, it had that look of relief. Was it because Dokja was there?

"W-why are you crying...?"

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' is shaking violently!]

Kim Dokja also didn't know himself. He felt himself shudder and shake uncontrollably as tears streamed down his face. He felt so scared at that moment, slowly losing the man in front of him. He ran frantically towards him. Even if his knees felt weak, he didn't care. Even if he was barefoot and his feet might get wounded, he didn't care. Even if he might trip over and fall on his face, he didn't care. All he wanted and knew was that he just wanted to be by his side.

[Warning! The protagonist, 'Yoo Joonghyuk's stigma 'Regression', is about to trigger soon!]

[A 90% total of his life has been depleted.]

[This character is currently afflicted with a curse!]

[While under the duration of the curse, recovery items are rendered useless and the rate of bleeding is accelerated!]

[ A 91.75% total of his life has been depleted.]

"Y-you hate... t-this bastard... r-remember?"

The bastard who said so smiled at him. The very same bastard who still looks as handsome as ever, whatever happens.

"Y-you hate.... w-who's in front.... of you..."

Even if he was just waking up from bed, or sleeping. Even during training or fighting. Even while showering, or cooking, or even doing nothing.

Only he could be the sole person who's  different in Dokja's eyes.

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' is thinning due to excessive immersion!]

"Why c-cry.... for this.... b-bastard?"

[A 94.25% total of his life has been depleted.]

Kim Dokja knew. Yoo Joonghyuk also knew himself. They didn't even need to ask. No words were needed.

Kim Dokja doesn't want to lose him.

Yoo Joonghyuk doesn't want to say goodbye to him.

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' is thinning greatly due to excessive immersion!]

[Suppressed and alleviated feelings are now leaking out!]

[A 96.35% total of his life has been depleted.]

Kim Dokja didn't know what went through him, nor what crossed his mind. It just felt the right time. He knew that if he doesn't, he'll miss the first and final opportunity to do so. He didn't hesitate to crash his own lips unto his. Dokja didn't care even if he might lose his breath kissing him. He was more than ready to die with him.

The kiss tasted bittersweet. The sweetness of the magical first time, yet there's also the bitterness of the tragic last time. Dokja thought that he should have tried to kiss this bastard way back before, even if that means ending having a punch on his face.

[A 98% total of his life has been depleted.]

[The exclusive skill, 'Fourth Wall' has been completely shut down.]

[Due to the deactivation of the skill, you can now feel and experience things you have never before!]

[A new story is germinating within you!]

[A new stigma is blossoming inside you!]

[Story, 'Regressor's Partner' has begun its storytelling!]

[A 99% total of his life has been depleted.]

Kim Dokja thought it was pointless at first. He tried to get the floating window in front of him disappear. But then, his eyes widened at the next phrases.

[Stigma, 'Partner Regression' has been formed!]

[Do you want to regress along with your partner, 'Yoo Joonghyuk'?]

[Yes]
[No]

Kim Dokja didn't even hesitate for a second. He immediately clicked and smiled back at the man lying on his lap.

"It doesn't matter how many regression it'll take, as long as I'd live them together with you."

[Stigma, 'Partner Regression' has been activated!]

******