Chapter 1, "Trial By Fire"

"Trial of Solitude"

______________________

"You awake to find yourself in a hall of ivory white, your memories of all other than combat are hazy... However, you notice the hall glow with a red hue.."
_________________________

I awoke in a bright place. In my hand, I felt the cold handle of a weapon. As I got up slowly I turned to the pearly white halls that built up this place I awoke in. I looked down and saw a weapon in my hands.

Slowly I rose it up to my face examining it slowly. It was a simple steel axe. One made for combat. I swung it down as it made a crack on the marble floor. Slowly removing the battle axe. I saw that the floor was slowly repairing itself. As if this whole place was a living organism.

I look to my right, The Right Hall led straight into a white abyss. However kept away by a barrier of unknown forces. To the left was the exact same.

Which left the one in front of me. At the end was a wall. As I slowly went towards it. I felt voices call out to me. Beckoning me to listen to their tune. However..

I didn't listen. As if feeling something rip out of me. The song slowly faded from my soul.

And the voices stopped.

I reached out towards the wall slowly the wall glowed for a slight second before the wall disappeared. In front of me. Before me was an open space. And at the end was a shrine.

Before I could do anything a voice invaded my mind.

"Another False Chosen.. Discard your possessions."

Suddenly I felt my energy be drained from my body as numerous orbs came out of me.

"Against the odds. Will you be able to take charge."

I felt the need to pull out my battle axe. As suddenly numerous white orbs were sent towards me. I quickly swung my axe and sent the orbs away.

"Is that is..?" I questioned as nothing was coming out. Suddenly a wall of flames came towards me. I couldn't do anything as it went through me. Burning me quite a bit. "GAH!"

I look at block a white beam that came shooting at me. As those white orbs came back. I was quickly able to swing my axe to send them away. But then I saw the firewall appear once more. I quickly make distance and look around. Seeing no other way. I let myself hit.

Then things got worst. White orbs came forward as I was able to parry most of them. But every now and then a white beam came to ruin my rhythm and hurt me. I quickly try to recover and block a few more of the beams sent at me. But quickly I'm overwhelmed by the sheer number of attacks sent at me.

Eventually all three attacks were sent flying at me. Burning me to a point of no return.

_________________________

Then I woke up again. And again I was in the same place. Same hall.

"What.. I thought I died?" I rubbed my head before resting my head against the wall. Behind me.

"Why is this happening to me.." I questioned to no one.

"Maybe it's cause your in my walls." A feminine voice answered behind me. I turn to the wall abruptly. Before slowly but surely resting my ear against it.

"Hello?" I greeted. The voice spoke back. "What are you doing in there." I quickly responded. "Can you help me out?"

The voice paused for a moment before speaking again. "Well I can't really help you here. I can't break down what ever this wall is between us. But I could give you tips and tricks if you want? But.." I cut her off finishing her sentence. "But you want something in return."

"At least you got that with you. So here's the deal. If I help you. You gotta be my first VoidWalker- I mean.. My personal bounty hunter. The other ones I've met are quite.. Odd to say the least. All they do is try and kill each other or yell incomprehensible words." She genuinely sounded confused.

"That sounds fun. What do you guys do?" I asked genuinely. She answered back. "We hunt down and assassinate targets." I'd be a bit surprised but then again I'm stuck in a hard place. "I guess when I'll get out I'll try and find you." She chuckled a little. "I guess here's one tip for you. I've noticed my void walkers roll or spin around to avoid damage. I'd bet that's your key to beating this peril."

I nodded and said. "Thanks for that. I'll try it out." I stand up and walk up and towards the wall again. This time with the knowledge given to me.

I'll beat this trial.

"Back again? Many have done that before. But like before.. Discard your possessions."

"Against odds stacked against you.. Will you take charge and face it."

A different line.. I wonder why? Suddenly a wall of flame came towards me. I remember what she told me. And rolled through it taking no damage. I look up before smirking. Parrying the orbs of light sent at me. I block the beams while rolling through the flames. Of course I get hit sometimes and miss a few rolls.

Eventually I'm forced to do all three at the same time. And some how I did it perfectly.

I see something descend from the ceiling. As I approached it. I felt the need to sit in front of it. So doing so I sat down and felt the warm embrace. I felt my injuries slowly fade and close up.

I take a deep breath. Feeling the weight on my hand. Before I heard the voice again.

"Against a great foe.. Will you cower or rise up to face it."

I stepped back confused before suddenly a dark smoke gathered in front of me. As suddenly I felt my instincts spike up as I quickly pulled out my weapon ready for what ever comes out of the smoke. As suddenly a grapple hook emerged from the smoke and pulled me in. I look up and saw the multicolored eyes of my newest threat.

It had darkened armor with many spikes lining it. It had an open mouth that had smoke coming out of it. And last of wall. It had 4 Arms each wielding a weapon. With the eyes of an predator he rose his 3 weapons.

A GreatSword, A GreatAxe, A GreatHammer, And a Shield. Before I could try and fight back I'm cutdown from the middle and split apart.

I black out..

And woke up in the Hall once more...

_________________________

Author's Note,

This won't be that lore accurate but I'll try my best!