1

https://djcl2710.postype.com/post/11950068

1.

I stopped by a stationery store on my way home from work. It was to buy stationery to write to Lee Ki-young. Since I had been sending messages on my phone longer than through letters, I was at a loss as to what kind of letter paper to choose. I picked up a letter paper decorated colorfully with flowers, put it back down, and looked through the designs that looked rather modest.

Having too many lines is burdensome... and the card format is too small. After thinking about it for a while, I somehow chose something the size of two palms and stood at the checkout counter. While awkwardly waiting for my turn, I thought absentmindedly. Next, let's go to Lee Ki-young's favorite bakery and buy a cake. Last time it was a whipped cream cake, but this time I thought, what should I buy?

I returned home with a cake and flowers in both hands. Things like events should be handled rather than put off. As soon as I changed my clothes, I sat down at my desk and picked up a pen. In the first line, the following was written:

To Lee Ki-young.

I looked at the five letters written on the white paper and chose what to say next. First of all, I thought I should celebrate.

We are already twenty-seven, Kiyoung. Can you believe it? We are real men now, mister.

I stopped my pen there. Actually, I didn't know what else to say. What am I doing? I don't even know what 27-year-old Lee Ki-young looks like. After hesitating for a while, I managed to write one more word. This was what I always wanted to say.

Where on earth did you go? Kiyoung.

...Please contact me.

I put down the pen and held my head. Today marks two years since Lee Ki-young disappeared.

2.

Sometimes I don't know if you're dead or alive, Kiyoung. I was out of my mind right after you disappeared, but I never think it was to this extent.

When I come to my senses, I think over the things that happened with you every day... I did more things wrong than I thought. Is that why you disappeared?

When you come back, I'll do better from now on.

Really.

3.

The new thing I learned after Lee Ki-young disappeared is that my imagination is quite wild.

Could it be that he was kidnapped? Or maybe he got caught up in some crime.

No matter how smart Lee Ki-young is, it will not be easy for him to escape if he is corrupt. What should I do if he is sold somewhere and just hopes to be rescued? When I wakes up in the middle of the night and thinks about these things, all my sleep goes away.

Still, it's okay when working at the company. Because I'm too busy to think about anything.

4.

I went to a class reunion. I want to hear some news from you.

Some people said that you tried to get into private loans and ran away because you couldn't afford it. There was also a person who mentioned Yulha and said that he ran away because he was bothered. Disgusting bastards...

Before I could even think about it, my fist went out, but thanks to that, my mouth exploded and my settlement money was also broken. I've never waved a fist in my life, but you make me do all kinds of things.

...I wonder if I went there for no reason.

5.

At first, it was difficult to fill even one page, but as the years went by, the number of pages increased, and now I was able to easily fill about two pages. With skillful hands, I took the letter out of the plastic bag, placed it on the desk, and took out a pen. The first line of this letter was going to start with news from Yulha.