Lost And Found

"-and apparently there are different versions of us for these dreams and even nightmare versions!" "You need to stop reading stuff in the internet" Tari was looking out the window of the car, she could hear Sofia and Lamar talk about something about dreams as Masa was driving the car, it has been a couple weeks since she was found by them. She mostly understood basic emotions such at anger, sadness, joy, and fear. She was still confused about the strange feeling but hopefully she will understand that today. The car soon stopped infront of a familiar house. "Is this it?" Masa looked at the house, a bit suspicious of it. "Yeah... this is it" Tari nodded. "wait... is this where that small ginger woman you been crushing on-" "OKAY ILL JUST GO AND YOU GUYS CAN GO PARK DOWN THE STREET" Tari quickly said as she got out of the car. Watching them drive off as she took a breath. Looking at the house for a moment before walking to the door.

"Jesus Christ, I only had you for a week and you're a pain in my ass already" Meggy was opening up a small can of cat food and putting it on a small dish as the small orange kitten was screaming for food, even trying to climb up her leg. She soon put the dish down and watched Loaf waddle over to eat. Meggy couldn't help but let out a soft chuckle, she soon heard the door knock, she groaned as she walked over and opened it. "Mario if you're trying to... to..." she paused, her eyes slightly widen as she stared. "Hello Lieutenant..." Tari smiled softly.

Meggy quickly grabbed Tari by the jacket and pulled her inside, closing the door behind her. "Get inside-! Most of the police department thinks you're dead!" Meggy shook her as she yelled. "I been in the hospital for 1 week and you get pronounced DEAD!" Tears were streaming down Meggy's cheeks as she stopped, Tari frowned a bit as she gently wiped away the tears. "I'm sorry... I didn't.. I didn't mean to hurt you this much..." "Why did you leave...?" Meggy hugged her tightly as she spoke, "Why did you leave me...?" Those words stabbed Tari like a sharp knife, she wrapped her arms around her as she ran her fingers through her hair, an attempt to calm her down. "I.... If I'm going to be honest... I was scared..."

"Scared...?"

"I... I was so scared and... confused... I-I thought I was going to die... so I ran..."

"Was it because of me...?"

"... I don't know... everything was going haywire and I couldn't think straight..."

Tari explained, letting go and sitting on the couch, Loaf soon hopped onto Tari's lap, and Tari freezed. "Uhhh..." Meggy picked up Loaf and put him down. "We are trying to have a moment here." Meggy mumbled as she sat down next to Tari, Silence between them. "... I missed you..." Tari spoke after a few moments, "you did..?" "Yeah... Almost everyday I would look back on some memories of... you" Meggy scooted a bit closer, her hand gently touching Tari's. "A-And... each time... I... felt something..." Tari stuttered as she spoke, her hand gently holding Meggy's.

"A small spark... the more and more I thought about it, the more it grew... and it made me realize something, everything I had done... was for you..."

"For me? Why me?"

"Because I love you, I want to be with you, to see you and talk to you, I want to be able to learn more about your interests and listen to the music you like, I want to learn more about you, about these emotions, and everything with you... and... I want to be by your side..."

Tari noticed Meggy's heart rate go up as her face was turning red. "L-Lieutenant...?" Tari nervously smiled, the small spark was back, Meggy thought for a moment before pulling Tari close, Tari's face flushed red as their lips touched, the spark growing bigger as her eyes slightly widen, "a-are you alright..?" Meggy pulled away and gently held her hand tighter. "... I think my system is overheating" Tari nervously laughed as she hid her face, hearing Meggy giggled. "Is that even possible?" "You made it possible!" Meggy soon laughed, "I never seen you like this, it's cute..." Tari gently placed a kiss on Meggy's cheek.

" Tari gently placed a kiss on Meggy's cheek

"I mean.. e-every word I said... and I... I love you Meggy... and I want to be by your side..."

"... I love you too, Tari"

[ART BY ArrowDust_ on Twitter! Give them a follow!!]