Preface

Cathrine Holly put the test tube filled with octopumetamorphosis enzymes or octomorph for short, into the medical refrigerator to stay overnight. Walking back to the desk to write down the first phase of mutation, she hears the banging open of a door and quickly stands up to greet her visitor.

"Dr. Holly? Are you still here?" Alexei yells down the hall.

"Yes sir, I am sorry to stay up so late, I was busy taking notes of the mutations," Holly replies.

Alexei makes his way through the almost pitch black hallway to the lab that Dr. Holly sits in. Alexei, upon seeing the notes asks, "So? How have the enzymes grown since last week?" He has an unpleasant expression on his face, Holly notices. Making it look like he was made of melted clay with all of his wrinkles he had because of his ripe old age of 60. She yawns and replies, "They have grown significantly sir, and I have made a truly abnormal discovery!" Alexei's face lights up with excitement as Holly grabs a large, dusty book off of the shelf next to her desk.

"Alexei, this is a very, very, old book of myths from every corner of the world. So, you said the thing you saw in the water trying to drown your grandson on the yacht had tentacles. My mind automatically thought of an octopus; which is why I decided to name the enzymes octopumetamorphosis. You also said that the thing was a woman, and that just doesn't make sense. So, I scoured the web and found that there was a book that we conveniently had in our library that spoke of all myths ever made up. This book is called The Book of Pearl, and in it I found a thing called the Octopiad. According to the book, the Octopiad is a woman from the waist up, but has octopus tentacles from the waist down. They get infected by a rare octopus called the octosomiseptus, also known as the kraken. The kraken has small teeth on each of its suckers that inject the victim with the enzyme we are testing. Alexei, these beings aren't safe, one obviously tried to drown your grandson."

"This is big, was that all you had so far?" Alexei asked. Holly looked at him with a determined kind of fire in her eyes and said, "Yes. That is my theory, that these enzymes are from the Octopiad. They aren't doing anything good. Since we are the only ones who know about them, it is up to us to exterminate them."