Part 1

Title: The New Sitter
Pairing(s): Harry/Louis (Larry/Lourry)
Rating: PG
Word Count: 4,152
Summary: Harry's mother has always been overly protective of her son, but when she accidentally hires Harry's crush from high school to be his new baby sitter, Harry realizes his one-sided crush from high school may not be as hopeless and one-sided as he thought. 
Disclaimers: Some mild angst, then some heavier angst, but some goodness to balance it all out.

~~~~~

“Harry,” his mother’s voice rang out cautiously from the living room, “Come down here sweetheart!”

Harry quickly paused the video game he was playing and bounded down the stairs at his mother’s request. Upon reaching the bottom of the stairs, he noticed his mother was dressed up and putting on a long, but stylish trench coat. Her high heels were indicative of a night out, which Harry knew meant only one thing.

“You can’t be serious!” His posture immediately changed, he slumped back down on the stairs, and groaned loudly.

“Well, dear,” she said through a sigh, “I’m quite serious.” Ever since his mother had gotten divorced, she had been going out on multiple dates with various men from the dating service she joined. However, this also meant that Harry was often stuck with a very obnoxious, very rambunctious babysitter. She was a few grades higher in school than Harry was, which always made him uneasy that everyone in his class was going to find out his mother still hired him a sitter despite being sixteen years old. He always put up a fight, but she always won in the end with her usual act: “You know that I’m just going to be worried sick about you if you’re here all alone. How am I supposed to have a good time if I can’t think about anything other than my little Hazza, hm?”

The guilt trip worked on Harry every single time, but didn’t make him any more reluctant about the idea. “I just really don’t like that girl Nora. She’s not as nice as you think she is, you know. She acts all fake and nice when you’re around because you’re paying her. She’s not a pleasant person.”

“Well, then you’ll be relieved to know that she’s not the sitter tonight,” Harry’s mother stated plainly, examining her outfit in the mirror. She turned to her son and saw that she’d piqued his curiosity, so she brushed her coat underneath her legs, sat next to her son on the stairwell, and ran her fingers through his hair. “As soon as you told me all of that nonsense about her being mean, I knew she couldn’t be allowed by my precious little Haz anymore.”

“Well, who is it, then?” Despite the idea of having a sitter at sixteen being atrocious, the idea of a change of pace could maybe make it suck a little less. “Besides, I’ve already told you, I’m a sophomore in high school. I’m sixteen! I don’t need a sitter…”

“Well, he wasn’t my first choice, but he was the only person available on such short notice.” She put her arm around her son’s shoulders and pulled him into a tight hug. “I just want to make sure you’re okay, so please try not to give Louis a hard time, but you let me know if anything happens at all and I’ll come rushing home immediately!”

“You don’t have to do that…” Harry always felt bad about how overly protective his mother was, so he headed through a lot of Nora’s intolerable personality so she could enjoy herself when she went out and — wait did she say he? And Louis? “Uh, mom, Louis who?”

“Oh, you know, that nice boy from the next block over. The one that sings at the coffee shop on the weekends! What’s their last name again…” She paused for a moment trying to remember their last name, but as soon as she gave him that description, Harry’s heart fell deep into the pit of his stomach. He knew exactly who she meant by that description.