Excess weight

"We are the most visible of the invisible," 31-year-old Elena, who has been overweight since childhood, told me. I thought, how often do we see overweight people on the street, in transport, at work?

Some choose to stay at home to avoid covert bullying. Some people don't want to go out because of the tiredness caused by constant instructions - "to eat a little", "to take care of themselves", warnings that "they can't raise a family like this", that "no one will like them", hints that "they take up a lot of space in traffic" Or the direct implication that "they are fat" and that the spoon they eat with is actually "digging their own grave".

Today I already think like this: we should accept our weight and live with it, if it does not cause us health problems

Our family members, loved ones, may be really concerned about our extra weight, some may think that it prevents us from getting married or some may think that it causes health problems. Maybe they fear for us because of real threats, but when they interfere in the lives of others with this motto, it's worse. I didn't lose weight just because others asked me to. All steps taken for others are ineffective and short-term

For example, I like a guy that I want to lose weight to like him more. Is it possible that in one week, I will not like that boy at all and my goal will lose its foundation? But if this weight prevents me from, for example, riding a bike, which I really want, or going for a hike, or not getting tired as soon, or breathing better, and I realize that only a long-term goal will help me solve them, well, then I can think and decide what I want.

Now I am 64kilos, but when I was 48 kilos, I felt much fatter than I do now. I thought I had to hide somewhere, but I didn't notice people. Today I have already overcome many things psychologically. But when you're a teenager, every word can become a permanent trauma.

I remember once an unknown old woman stopped me on the street and told me, why are you so fat, lose weight, eat less. I was very upset. When you are told such things, you get an insurmountable inferiority complex. It's been 2 years since that woman's cry, but it's still stuck in my heart.

For a very long time I wore clothes that covered my weight. I thought that because I wasn't good enough in appearance, I couldn't express myself in society.

Accept yourself as you are, even if you are 100 kilos, don't worry about other people's opinion, stick to yours and be proud of yourself. If you like it follow me for more information. Bay