Hell's Gate Manor

Hell's Gate Manor

Prologue

The marble reflected an ethereal glow, illuminating the vast hallway that stretched before me. The walls were adorned with intricate tapestries, depicting scenes of mythical creatures and lost civilizations. Every detail was meticulously crafted, from the ornate chandeliers hanging from the ceiling to the elaborate statues that lined the corridor. As I treaded further into the mansion, an eerie silence enveloped me, broken only by the faint creaking of the old floorboards beneath my feet. The air grew heavy with anticipation, as if the house itself held its breath, awaiting my every move. I Felt a shiver run down my spine, a mixture of excitement and apprehension, for I knew that I was not alone in this grand manor.

Whispers echoed through the halls, carried on a mysterious breeze that seemed to come from nowhere and everywhere all at once. Shadows danced along the walls, their ethereal forms playing tricks on my eyes. I Could sense a presence, a ghostly presence, lurking in the corners, watching my every step. Undeterred by the supernatural tales that had plagued this mansion, I Ventured deeper, my curiosity overpowering any fear that clung to my heart. With each room I explored, I Unraveled the secrets that lay hidden within its walls. A library, filled with ancient tomes and dusty manuscripts, beckoned me to delve into its knowledge. A ballroom, frozen in time, awaited guests that would never arrive. And in the dimly lit chambers upstairs, I discovered a gallery of portraits, their eyes following me, their expressions frozen in eternity.

Minutes turned into hours, hours into days, as I wandered through the labyrinthine corridors of this mysterious mansion. My mind became consumed with its history, its tales and legends intertwining with my own thoughts.I Became a part of its haunted narrative, and it became a part of mine. On the day of my departure, a heavy sadness weighed upon me. I Bid farewell to the mansion, its secrets and specters, knowing that I would forever carry its enchantment with me. As I journeyed back to Portlock, I reflected upon the experience that had touched my soul. It was not simply a journey to commemorate my birth, but a pilgrimage to immerse myself in the beauty and mystery that lies within those old walls. And though the supernatural tales continued to surround this mansion, I Knew that my own story would forever be entwined with its haunting allure.

After five years passed, I discovered myself back at the mansion, looking in the shadow of its marvelous grandeur. I go inside and find, awaiting me, a shattered pot on the floor, the pot shards swimming with the souls of the damned. I Went into the mansion more wary than five years earlier. As I made my way into the mansion, a sudden chill ran down my spine as if somebody were watching me. I Turned around suddenly, but there was nobody there. As I continued to walk down the hall I could see the tapestries eyes moving out of the corner of my eyes, but when I turned to see, they would be where they were originally. "Am I hallucinating ?"I asked myself, "most likely.'' But as I made my way further down the seemingly haunted halls, it looked more like I was not hallucinating and that everything was actually happening.

As I made my way to the back of the mansion, I Found that the pictures started moving, their expressions no longer frozen in time. As I moved further and further, it sounded like somebody was running towards me. I Look back and suddenly get rammed in the chest with something cold and hard, and get knocked out. I Woke up in what looked like a dungeon with chains around my arms and legs, and my pockets were robbed. A blood curdling cackle came across the dungeon, but I could not see who made it in the dim light. As thundering footsteps became louder and louder towards me, I was able to make out the figurine of an 8 foot tall man with shaggy hair. As he came closer I saw that he was a...... ghastly spirit? "Go back to the realm of damnation from which you came!" I yelled. It roared with laughter, an amused sort of laughter, and came over to me with immense speed.