Fan oneshot for (Endling : Extinction is forever)

The mother fox breathed heavily in the fire as she left her den; her heart skipped a beat as she heard a thunk behind her and a whimper. Turning around and seeing a tree, she realized her mate was stuck in the den. She had to escape this fire; if not, foxes would be extinct. She jumped up onto her normal path, the one she always took while hunting and walking. This time it was all covered and engulfed with flames and smoke. She ran, flinching and jumping backward as a tree fell in front of her, crying out in fear. Digging, she found herself on the other side of the fallen tree, running again. She heard a bellow, stopped dead in her tracks, and the next thing she knew, a male deer was jumping over her, making her run faster.

She didn't notice a place she could jump up onto, and a tree fell in front of her. Too scared to dig under it, she ran back. Looking at a big black poster board with multiple outlines crossed out in red marker, she saw animals she hadn't seen before. She continued to run and saw an opportunity to jump onto a ledge. She jumped up, nearly falling down, but luckily she managed to keep her balance. The fire burned at her paws, eyes filled with fear, her belly ached, her head hurt, her paws were burnt, and so was her tail, but she kept running.

The fire started calming down eventually; she ran past the leg of a water tower. The fire burned her eyes as she spotted a group of arsonists, her eyes tearing up not from sadness or fear but from pain. She ran back to the leg of the water tower, climbing it. She jumped onto some land, running again. She eventually stopped in front of a cliff, turned around, scared as she heard another bellow. She saw the deer speeding toward her, her eyes glistening in fear as she fought back for the sake of her cubs. After a few seconds, she was thrown off the cliff, letting out a yipe. She landed in a pile of trash; the deer landed in snow. The deer's eyes fogged up as the fire on his antlers was put out; he was dead.

She got up from the pile of trash, now limping. As she went to cross the road, a car recklessly sped down the road, nearly hitting her. Luckily, she had good reflexes and jumped back in time; she crossed the road. She limped through a wet piece of land; the snow melted there. She jumped onto a snowy piece of land; the snow crunched beneath her feet. She was shaking as she limped, jumping up another area again. She took a breather as she walked over to a den. What she didn't notice was that a man had seen her. She entered the den, whimpering as she collapsed onto the ground, tears streaming from her eyes as she pushed. Thunder roared as all her cubs lay next to her; one got up as she bopped it with her nose teasingly. She laid her head down, wagging her tail as she drifted off to sleep.