Chapter 45: RISE OF THE SPINJITZU MASTER

(At Ninjago City, Dareth kicks Kozu out of his dojo.)

Dareth: Heh, I told you they'd do it.

Edna: (Looks at the grayed-out sky) Oh, is it the ninja?

Lou: It must be.

Man: The ninja have won?

Lou: Haha, we're saved!

Brad: About time.

Lou: Now to get this place back in order.

(Kozu laughs as a bright light shone in the sky.)

Dareth: What the...(The Garmatron appears from the beam of light.) What is that? (Everyone runs away but Dareth stands in front of its cannons.) Oh. All right. You will have until the count of three to leave here before I unleash the power of one, hee-yah! The dragon. Two, penguin. (Chatters. The Overlord points his cannons at Dareth.) Two and a half...

Overlord: Three. (He fires at him.)

Dareth: Haha. You missed. (He points another blaster at him.) Oh, no. (He screams and takes cover behind a building.) We shall meet again. This I swear! Where are those ninja?!

(The Overlord laughs as he infects more of Ninjago City with Dark Matter.)

(The ninja are still stuck on the Dark Island. Dr. Julien finishes bandaging Lloyd's leg.)

Lloyd: Can I still fight?

Julien: Hmm, I'm sorry. That leg will take weeks to heal.

Lloyd: We don't have weeks. (Grunts)

Anna: We also don't have a choice and walking on that will only make it worse.

Wu: The battle between good and evil will be decided today.

Kai: And we can't even get to the fight, much less get off this island.

Jay: Ah. I wonder if I'll ever see Nya again.

Zane: Perhaps it's best to think of our friends as we remember them in our hearts, not as they are now.

Lloyd: But I don't remember my father any other way.

Misako: Your father loved you. It was the evil of the Great Devourer that corrupted him.

Kai: Sensei, I don't understand. The prophecy said the Green Ninja would defeat the Dark Lord. Why didn't we win?

Wu: I...don't know.

Jay: Don't know? You're Sensei! You always know! You have a long white beard!

Kai: There must be some message to learn. A lesson. A word of wisdom. Just a word? Something.

Wu: For once, I'm afraid there is nothing to learn. Only that evil has won.

Lloyd: If Sensei doesn't have a lesson, then I do. I used to be nothing but trouble, but then I met you guys. You took me in. Showed me the importance of being brave, the importance of being strong. And most importantly, being good. (Groans) When this battle first began, when the First Spinjitzu Master fought the Overlord and his back was up against the wall and he knew it was all over, did he quit? No. He found a way to keep the fight going. He passed his Elemental Powers to us. Of all people, a bunch of kids. But there must have been a reason he chose us. I'd like to think it's because he knew we'd never back down, we'd never give up. We've learned the ancient ways of the ninja. And ninja never quit.

Kai: He's right. If that means we have to swim the sea to get off this island, then so be it. (He starts wading in the ocean.)

Jay: The entire ocean? But I didn't bring my floaties.