Chapter 27

December 25, 2023

The next morning, I woke up because of the continuous knocking of my mother on my door.

"Eli, wake up now. You said that you would help me cook for our feast later," she said.

"Yeah, I'll come down in a sec," I said, and I did some stretching.

Aish! I am still sleepy, but I also want to help my mother in the kitchen today. I promised her that I'd help her prepare our Christmas meal.

This is Cal's fault. I slept late last night because of him. He shared so many things with me, and I'll admit that some of them are very surprising.

December 24, 2023 (Flashback)

I was cleaning my room because it was so messy when Cal suddenly called me the night before Christmas. I was confused as to why he called, but I still quickly took out my phone and answered it because he might have something important to say.

"Hello," I answered.

"Eli, can I talk to you right now?" he asks.

"Hmm, what is it?" I ask.

"Are you doing something?" he asks.

"I was about to clean my room," I replied.

"Is it okay if I bother you?" he asks.

"Sure, you sound like you can't wait," I replied, chuckling.

"Uhm, if possible, can we meet in person? Don't worry. I'll go there so you don't have to go out," he said.

"Okay," I answered.

I wonder what it is. He seemed so serious earlier because he wanted us to talk personally.

Does he have a problem? Oh, my god. I hope there's nothing wrong.

It only took a few minutes for him to go over my house and go straight to my room.

"Eli, you wouldn't believe this," he excitedly said.

"Huh? What?" I ask, confused.

"It's about me and Leo," he said.

"What about you guys?" I ask, still confused.

"Eli, he just asked me to be his boyfriend," he enthusiastically said.

Oh, that's it? Well, it's kind of obvious and expected. I was just waiting for them to tell us because we can clearly see that there's something going on with them.

"Okay," I replied.

"Okay? That's it?" he asks, frowning.

"Well, it's kind of obvious what is happening between you two," I directly said.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

"Cal, you two are always together, and to be honest, you guys made it clear to us that you can't get enough of each other," I stated as a matter of fact.

"Are we that obvious? I mean, we tried to keep it lowkey, though," he said.

Pfft! Lowkey? The only thing they didn't do was literally show their affection for each other. When we're all together, they will immediately stick to each other and enter their own world.

"Yeah, that's why it didn't shock me at all. I knew that it would lead to this," I said, smiling.

"Oh, my," he said, kind of surprised.

"So, what happened after he asked you? Are you two together now?" I ask.

"Well, yeah. I told him that I like him too, and I also want him to be my boyfriend," he replied, smiling.