Chapter 37

June 16, 2024

The next day, I woke up feeling light and happy because the first thing that came to mind was what happened yesterday, and because of that, I couldn't help but smile. I can't believe that Zeke and I are together.

Is this the right time I've been waiting for?

Is this the right time for both of us?

Can we fight for our relationship?

These are the questions that came to mind, but I am positive that we can make it work as long as the two of us are together.

I shook my head and slapped both of my cheeks lightly to wake me up. Then, I get up and go out of my room to wash and brush my teeth.

When I came out, there was no one outside, so it was still quiet. It's still early, so my friends are still probably sleeping.

After I finished cleaning myself, I went straight to the kitchen to cook breakfast.

I am feeling good, so I thought of cooking breakfast for them, but before that, I texted Zeke first to come here when he woke up so we could have breakfast together with our friends.

I cooked fried rice, corned beef, eggs, and bacon. I also made fresh orange juice and put it in the fridge so that later it would be cold and good to drink.

After I finished cooking, I rested for a while, and then I heard my phone ringing, so I immediately picked it up, and I smiled when I saw that it was Zeke.

"Hello," I answered.

"Good morning," he said huskily.

Oh, I got chills with his voice. It's like tickling my spine. I admit that this good morning is different from before. I don't know what exactly changed, but there's something different with the way he greeted me today.

I think it's the voice, hmm.

Then it made me think, What if he wakes up next to me and greets me with that husky voice?

Sheesh! I don't think I can handle it.

Before I answered him, I smirked when I suddenly thought of something playful.

"Good morning," I muttered.

"Finally, you are mine," he huskily said again.

"Finally, you are mine," I muttered nonchalantly.

"Hey, why do you sound so gloomy this morning? Is there something wrong?" he asked.

"Hey, why do you sound so gloomy this morning? Is there something wrong?" I repeated.

"You're messing with me," he said.

He figured that out just now? I can't believe this man.

"You're messing with me," I repeated.

He then laughed with that husky voice again.

Oh, my god. I really can't stand that voice. Why does mine sound like a dolphin squeaking for help?

"Stop it," he said, chuckling.

"I love to mess with you," I said.

"Well, good for you because you have a lifetime ahead to mess with me," he said.

"You're not sure if we will last that long," I said.

"Hey, you're messing with me again. Don't say that kind of stuff. We just got together," he said, and I imagine him pursing his lips.

"I am just kidding. I'm sorry," I said.

"Don't say that again," he said.

"Okay, can you come over here? I cooked some breakfast, and I want to see you again because I miss you," I said.