Chapter 40

June 22, 2024

I woke up late the next morning because I had a good sleep last night. I mean, who wouldn't, after all that happened yesterday?

So the first thing I did when I opened my eyes was grab my phone on the bedside table to see if Zeke had left messages for me.

I wasn't wrong, though, because he did leave a bunch of messages. He also called me once, but I wasn't able to answer it because I was asleep.

So I immediately dialed his number to wish him a good morning.

"Good morning, my love," he said.

Wow! What a good way to start the day, right?

"Good morning, my penguin," I answered, even though I'm still in Neverland.

"You woke up late today. It seems like you had a pretty good sleep," he said.

"Yeah, I slept well last night," I replied, smiling.

"I figured that out because you didn't answer my call," he said. "Did you dream of me?" he asks.

"No," I said, chuckling.

"You could've lied," he replied, chuckling at my blatant answer.

"Anyway, were you tired yesterday?" he asked.

"Kind of, but I'm mostly happy because I finally told my parents about us," I said.

"Yeah, I am happy for you," he said.

"Oh, I have good news," I said.

"What?" he asks.

"My father talked to me last night," I started.

"Really? What did he say?" he asks.

"He apologized for the way he acted, and he told me that he loves me," I said.

"Wow! I am glad that everything went well with your father," he said.

"I'm so lucky to have them as my parents," I said, smiling widely.

"Yeah, maybe I could ask for some luck too," he said.

"Of course, sending luck and a good morning kiss," I enthusiastically said, and he chuckled.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you that my mother didn't make it today because she had an urgent thing to do. She said she really had to do it now so that she can have a good vacation here," he said.

"So, when will they come?" I ask.

"She didn't mention it, but she said once they fix the problem, they will go home, and by then, I'll try to find the right timing to tell them about us," he said.

"Okay, just remember that if it doesn't feel like the right timing to tell them, don't push it. Take your time because I'm not in a rush to be introduced as your partner. This might be harder for your parents to accept compared to mine," I said.

"Why is that?" he asks.

"Well, somehow, my parents knew that I might end up like this. Mama said that she knew I am different than boys my age, so it's a lot easier for them to accept who I am," I said.

"Meanwhile, your parents have no idea that you will fall in love with someone like me, a boy. You have a girlfriend before, and Tanya also said that your parents will not accept me because I am like this," I added.

"Aqui, don't be so negative. Besides, my mom kind of knew that I had a crush on you, or so I thought she knew," he said.

"What do you mean?" I ask.