Chapter 43

June 26, 2024

I woke up the next morning, but it wasn't what I expected because Zeke wasn't by my side. I instantly got up from bed to look for him in the bathroom.

He's not there.

I'm sure he's downstairs, so I quickly fixed myself so I can go down now.

After washing my face and brushing my teeth, I hurriedly went downstairs, and I'm not wrong because I saw him cooking in the kitchen.

"Good morning," he said, smiling.

"Good morning," I responded.

"You're just in time. I was about to go upstairs to wake you up. Let's eat," he said, and I nodded.

He then set up the dining table all by himself. He really didn't let me do anything.

"You know what? I'll be Eli the Spoiled when we go back to Laguna," I said, and he chuckled.

"I am not trying to spoil you. I just want to give you all the things you deserve," he said.

"Like you? Do I really deserve someone like you?" I ask.

"Of course, and it's the same for me," he said, smiling.

"My love, isn't it too early for pick-up lines?" I teasingly ask.

"It's called love language, not pick-up lines," he said.

"Tsk! You just beautified the word," I said.

"Aqui," he said, pouting.

"Okay, love language it is," I said, chuckling.

"Let's go out later, okay?" he said.

"Where to?" I ask.

"We'll roam around the city," he said.

"Okay, that's a good idea," I said.

When we finished eating, I told him that I'd clean up. He tried to argue, of course, but I handled him.

I told him to take a bath first, so there would be no time to waste. After I cleaned up, I followed him into our room.

Then I saw that he was already dressed and blow-drying his hair.

"Are you going to take a bath now?" he asks.

"Yeah," I said.

"Take some rest first," he said.

"It's okay. I'm not tired," I said.

"Do you want to get tired?" he asked, grinning.

"Oh, my god! You're crazy. That was so dirty," I said in disgust.

"No, it's not. What I mean is I'll tire you out later when we go out," he said, laughing.

"Tsk! Whatever," I said before going to the bathroom.

"Do you need help?" he teasingly asks.

"Hell no!" I said, and he chuckled.

"I prepared your clothes. It's already inside," he said.

"Thanks," I said.

He really is sweet and caring.

I took the time to clean myself, but I also made sure to be quick because I didn't want him to wait too long.

"Aqui, I'll go ahead downstairs. I need to heat up the engine," he said, and I nodded.

"Sure, I'll be there after this," I said.