꧁𝒯𝒽ℯ 𝒢𝓇ℴ𝓉𝓉ℴ꧂

.

.

.

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝓌𝒶𝓈 𝒶 𝓂𝒾𝓈𝓉𝒶𝓀ℯ

ℱℴ𝓇ℊ𝒾𝓋ℯ 𝓂ℯ 𝒻ℴ𝓇 𝓂𝓎 𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾ℴ𝓃𝓈

ℐ𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓈𝓃𝓉 𝒿𝓊𝓈𝓉 𝓂ℯ

ℐ...

..

.

.

I trudged through the forbidden grotto, the overgrown park was deserted. For good reason. I don't think anyone would enjoy walking through this place like they did years ago. I remember the days this place was a safe haven to escape the conflict in your everyday life. And a home to the wild animals. It was like only yesterday I would feed the ducks in the lake and relax in the sweet ,golden sunshine.

But it was quite obvious to anyone who'd dare enter this decaying land that it wasn't same as it was years ago.

I walk up a rundown shed and run hand across it, feeling the cracks and edges of the wood. Mud was caked onto the wood like paint. Sharp, jagged edges stuck out of the wood, threading me to come closer. I stop once I come to the door of the shed. It's door was torn down and could it's dirty insides. The garden equipment was scattered along the floor with water flooding into it through the holes in the walls. I pick up a mouldy pitchfork, the grime was coating my fingers with a slimy black substance. It might just be algae but I'm quite curious on what it could actually be.

I push that thought to the back of my mind and walk back to the clearing when I first arrived. Next to the clearing was a pond that was used to be used for fishing. It almost seemed like a luxury to me now to gaze into its blue waters and take a dip into its crisp waters. Now it only serves as a poison used to make anyone sick. I couldn't imagine how many water born illnesses were swimming around in there. Waiting for an unlucky individual to stumble into its filthy home and leech off of them. The thought of drinking this filth sends a shiver down my spine.

But I had to go through this infested waters one way or another so I had no choice. I had to step into the sick depths of this pond. It wasn't on how deep the water was that scared me. It was the creatures that may lurk in here. The wilderness was never the same since the 'accident' happened. I say accident very lightly because I feel like in someone's twisted mind, they wanted this to happen. Ha. I hope they lie dead in their grave because they deserve to be dead after the experiment went wrong.

.

.

.

They do deserve to be dead.

I push my head out of these dark thoughts and step into the water. My boots instantly become wet and I feel something squish beneath my left foot. I shiver from the cold water, it wasn't the warmest day to be walking into a cold pond in the middle of an apocalypse. If you could ever call this an apocalypse, it felt like a bad dream. And in this case this was a really bad dream. I begin to walk to the other side of the pond. The dark green algae grips onto my boots and leaves a slimy green trail behind. The water ripples as my boots plunge into the water. I would be careful to be mindful of the fish but at this point I don't think the lake has any fish I should be aware of. I doubt any could live in this filth. But then again 'fish' I've recently seen are quite resilient compared to the ones I've seen years ago. It's seems they've adapted to live in this new world. Quite quickly at that.

I grip onto the stone walls to the right of me to prevent me from going too far into the water. The water has gone up to my chest. I didn't think it was this deep. I wasn't even into the centre of the pond yet. It definitely wasn't this deep as before. Some people enjoy change, I do as well. This was not one of those times. I had to stick to cling to the wall if I wanted to not drown.