𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐

Unedited version

Unedited version

It was like the world had frozen around Hero... Everything was moving inch by inch... The blade slowly pierced through the creature's neck with ease... And as the time quickened , the creature's head flung clean off the neck. Everything had fallen silent before it was interrupted by black goo squirting out of the creature's neck , then came someone's voice .

" EW ! what the fuck is this ! "

As if on cue , a figure slowly descended into sight , his invisibility had seemed to diseased with the touch of the black goo , like water to ink .

Hero rolled his eyes, a grin of amusement spread over his pained face , which was only returned with an angry glare from the guy.

" You think this is funny ! ? I just saved your ass ! "

Despite the blindfold covering his eyes , his annoyance was clear.

" Maybe next time I'll leave you to die ... "

The guy paused at the sight of Hero's uncaring look.

" So not even a thank you.. ? "

Hero shook his head in response

" I didn't ask to be saved , in fact I didn't want to be saved . "

The Demiwolf spoke in a matter-of-fact voice , as if the other should have known that from the start . His ears pointed upwards , then he released a growl of annoyance from deep within his throat .

The guy , in return crossed his arms over his chest and spoke up , his voice more taunting now with the words he was speaking .

" Fine then wolfboy , you may die here ... alone... all alone "

He paused for dramatic effect . Although before he could utter another word , an annoyed voice yelled out .

" Reaper ! Stop playing around and free him already ! "

The guy , Reaper , froze up for a second before looking behind himself and yelling back .

" I am not playing around ! I was just about to free him until you interrupted me ! "

He added with a mutter " stupid girl ," which was only heard by Hero himself , who paid no care for whatever the two had with each other .

Hero titled his head over to try and get a view of the approaching figure , though the pain within his body finally had come to life, it seized throughout his whole body , causing an immense burning sensation .

" F-fuck ! "

Hero said through gritted teeth , his claws dug into the dirt beneath him as his breathing turned sharp then ragged .
Why couldn't I have died instead !

He yelled to himself within his mind before all he could focus on was the consuming pain .

Reaper rolled his eyes at the Demiwolf's state before turning to his friend .

" I'm not going to carry him . "
Though upon meeting his friend's gaze , he quickly corrected himself .
" I'm getting to it . . . "
He turned around to walk over next to the stone slab keeping Hero pinned down , and within one swift movement, he lifted the slab up and watched as it fell backwards onto other slabs , freeing Hero's legs from its captivity . Despite the weakened and painful state he was in , the Demiwolf still protested against Reaper as he lifted him up and over his shoulder .

" H-hey ! Let me d-down ! "
He spoke through gritted teeth , though only to have his protests fall on deaf ears .
Now being in a better position to see , Hero turned his head to the side to get a better look at Reaper's friend . He most certainly would have mistaken her for a male if it wasn't for the scent , though that wasn't what had his mind set on... His eyes wandered to the symbol on the top of her right hand , a constellation it appeared to look like .

' Hold on . . . '

He stared at the symbol until realization struck him ... His father's words rung in his head .

" Beware of those who walk among the stars . "

He had spoken it as a warning to the Demiwolf

" They will have a constellation marked somewhere on their body , and that's how you know . "

Hero's gaze shifted towards the ground , his mind swirling with thoughts of the research he had done all those years ago .

' What clan is she from . . . ? '

He shook his head back and forth slightly as if it could help him .

' Is it the Haruki clan . . . ? '

The golden colors on the girl were the biggest hint given that the Haruki clan was mostly known for their vibrant choice of colors .

However before Hero could fully make an explanation in his mind , Reaper had come to a sudden halt , then he spoke in a hushed tone to the girl .

" Juvia . . . He's coming our way . . . "