Chapter 1

My hands went up to my face as the curtains were suddenly opened. "Rise and shine young Prince, there is much to be done today."

"Ugh, don't remind me."

Today was my birthday. But not just any birthday, it was my eighteenth birthday. And that means that I need to start looking for my soulmate.

My parents had already told me many times about this. I would meet with every girl that wanted to see if they were my soulmate, I would go on multiple 'dates' with them and then if we weren't soulmates, they would go home.

When two people are soulmates, their chests glow the same color. And it doesn't happen when you meet them for the first time. You have to be around each other a lot, and in order to be soulmates, both people have to like each other.

If they are your soulmate, that means you're destined to be together. If you don't have a soulmate, that just means you're not destined to be with anyone. Not everyone has a soulmate.

You have to wait until you're eighteen to find your soulmate. And since I was now eighteen, my parents wanted me to start looking.

"Do I have to?" I asked. "Your parents are requesting that you come downstairs for breakfast. They are already growing quite tired of your attitude and I think it should be in your best interest to not upset them more."

I slowly sat up in my bed. "Fine. Please leave so I can get dressed."

"If that's what you wish. I'll be waiting outside for you." I heard the door close, and the room was silent.

I opened up my closet and chose a good outfit. I put on a nice top that was pale green. Green was the color that looked best on me, and everyone else liked how it looked. So I wore that color most of the time.

I walked out of my room. "Your hair looks like a windstorm went through it." "Thanks." I said, sarcastically. I tried to flatten my hair as I went downstairs, but it didn't want to stay.

"Look who decided to join us today." My mother was sitting at the table with everyone else. Everyone else being my father, and my sister.

"I really didn't have a choice." My parents knew that I wasn't the best choice for ruling this kingdom. But, they still wanted to keep a good appearance, so I was still set to rule this kingdom.

I sat down and ate breakfast with everyone. I knew that I was going to be around my family today, and there was no way out of it. I was going to be meeting with plenty of girls tonight, and every girl who was there was going to be staying with us to see if they were my soulmate.

I didn't care about soulmates. I wasn't even sure if I had one. If I couldn't find my soulmate, I would just marry someone of their choosing.

There was nobody in this family who hadn't found their soulmate, so I wasn't that worried.

Most of my family hated me except for my sister, Sylvia. We always got along, but I didn't tell her much. I knew she would tell our parents in a heartbeat if I did anything.

After breakfast I headed back to my room. I wanted to stay there, but my parents were not going to allow that. In their words, "You need to meet these fine young women who you might someday marry."

I hated it.

I somehow managed to not fall asleep during everything. I wasn't a huge fan of my parents going all out for me. I just wanted to have something small with everyone, but my mom says that the whole kingdom would be disappointed if they couldn't celebrate it.

I just couldn't care less.

Later, after all of the festivities were done, it was time for the ball to begin. I was forced to go up to my room to change. My outfit was sitting on my bed, a nice suit that was mostly green, my signature color.