Chapter 1

The Dimitrescu Castle always had a certain air to it. It always felt as though you were being watched, no matter where you went. Bela always felt like she was being watched, Cassandra felt the same, Daniela felt eyes on her most of the time when she was alone, and Alcina had sworn she saw glowing eyes watching her at one point. None of them had ever actually seen anyone in the shadows but they have seen figures, or a figure to be exact, in their peripheral vision, just standing still and watching. But whenever they turn to face it, it’s not there.

Bela was walking through the halls, sickle in hand. It was quiet, not a single scream of fear from any of the maids.

Bela(In her head): How odd.

Bela kept walking, not realizing she was being followed. Cassandra walked from the other end of the hall, her head down. When she looked up, she froze. Behind Bela was a very tall, pure black figure with glowing red eyes.

Cassandra: Bela…

Bela looked up at her sister, an eyebrow raised. Cassandra pointed behind her so Bela turned around and came to face a pitch black chest. She slowly looked up at the featureless figure, her golden eyes looking up at its red eyes. She and Cassandra were both frozen, just looking at the figure and the figure looking down at Bela.

They heard the sound of heeled footsteps walking towards them but none of them looked. That was until claws rammed through the figure’s chest and abdomen. It didn’t make any noise or really react.

Alcina: Nuisance.

Alcina kept her claws in the figure’s chest. That was until everything went dark for half a second and the figure disappeared.

Cassandra: What the…

Bela: Where’d it go?

Alcina looked around, not seeing it anywhere.

Alcina(in her head): Sneaky little thing. I’ll find it again. It won’t escape next time.

They hadn’t realized that the figure was watching from the shadows. It wasn’t threatening, just watched the family nonchalantly. The maids had seen it a few times but it either moved way too fast or just plain out disappeared.

A few days go by. Cassandra was looking for the figure per Alcina’s instructions and Bela and Daniela were helping. Alinca herself had brought it up to Mother Miranda. But it even stumped Miranda on who or what the figure could be. She had asked Donna and Angie about it but got the same answer. She didn’t bother asking Karl or Moreau.

Alcina was in her chambers when she heard a vase break. She quickly left her chambers to find what was going on. When she got there, she stopped.

Cassandra was tied up with some shadowy strings, Bela was bleeding, holding her sickle, and Daniela was trying to help Cassandra. The figure was back, just standing still and keeping its eyes on Bela.

Alcina: What in God’s name is happening?!

Bela and the figure kept their silent standoffish gazes on each other, Daniela stopped and looked up at her mother, and Cassandra was glaring at the figure, breathing heavily.

Cassandra: That damn thing was watching us again.

Alcina: Why is Bela hurt?

Bela: It attacks, apparently.

The figure remained dead silent, just watching Bela. Alcina walked over to it and retracted her claws to attack it. The figure didn’t move, just let Alcina drive her claws back into it.

Alcina: You will not escape this time.

Alcina retracted her claws and grabbed the figure by its neck, lifting it up and slamming it on the floor. The figure gave no reaction or sound. Daniela finally got Cassandra free and both stood up. The three sisters surrounded the figure with Alcina.

Bela: Who, or what, are you?

Cassandra kept her golden glare on the figure. Daniela stayed quiet, her sickle out just in case. Everything went dark for a very quick second but the figure was still there. It looked down then back up and the same thing happened.

Figure(in their head): Uhm, excuse me. What the actual fuck?

The figure tried to teleport again but couldn’t.

Alcina: Aw. Can’t escape? What a shame.

Cassandra went to attack the figure but the figure just stood there and took it. That confused the vampires.

Bela(in her head): Why isn’t it attacking now?

Cassandra(in her head): The hell?

Daniela(in her head): Why’s it just… standing there?

Alcina just slashed at it. Her claws went right through it, like they just hit a shadow. She retracted her claws and went to grab it again. She did and lifted it up again and slammed it on the floor again.

Alcina(in her head): What are you?

The figure just got back up, staggering slightly. It tried teleporting again and disappeared again. Cassandra growled, Bela groaned, Daniela sighed, and Alcina sighed out of annoyance.

Alcina: When you find it again, try to tie it up or hinder its movement. I do not want it roaming around my castle.

Three: Yes, mother.

Alcina turned and went back to her chambers. The daughters all looked at each other, Cassandra angry, Bela annoyed, and Daniela having an unreadable expression.

Bela: Let’s go. We should be able to find it again since it loves following us.

Meanwhile with the figure. It was in a dark room that was lit by candles. It had a physical form. Its form was female, tall, jet black hair, red eyes, light brown skin, and a slim but strong build. She was standing in front of a mirror, looking at her torso, which had bleeding wounds.

Figure: Jesus.

Her voice was feminine, smooth, elegant, and soft. She cleaned her wounds and winced every time the alcohol came in contact.

Figure: I need to be more careful.

She sighed softly and started wrapping her wounds. When she was done, she leaned on the vanity, looking at herself in the mirror. She had a black forehead tattoo, which had two crescent moons facing away from each other and an upside down black cross in the middle with a smaller white cross in it. Her pupils were slits and she had a scar on her left eye.

Figure: Hm. They can hit well. Quite accurate with their strikes. Efficient. Slow reaction time though.

The figure leaned off the vanity and went over to the closet, pulling out a black hoodie, black jeans, and black knee high combat boots. She also pulled out black gloves, a black chest harness, a black plague doctor mask with red glass eye holes, and a black belt with daggers and a thigh harness on it.

Figure: Time to play.

The figure put the clothing on and put the belt harness on. She left the room and walked silently through the halls. It was always dark in the halls of Castle Dimitrescu and it always worked in the figures favor.

Figure(in her head): I know they’re looking for me, I won’t let them.

She moved silently until she almost bumped into a maid. She quickly silenced the maid, hiding her body in a nearby closet, and kept walking. She was going to lead a wild goose chase through the castle.