23.-GROWING PAINS

━━━━Growing Pains━━━━sexual content

sexual content

She'd spent the whole night crying her eyes out, Klaus had died, Tyler had died, Alaric had died, and Elena had died.

Her grief was heavy, as well as the grief for her mother, she didn't want to be alive, she didn't deserve it but it felt selfish to think that considering those who had lost their lives.

Considering Elena was in transition and may die indefinitely. Salem had managed to shower, change and even put on makeup to hide the dark circles around her eyes. She was tired, drained and defeated but Elena needed her now more than ever.

Gasping as she woke up Elena jumped around her bed, reliving her drowning before she died, still convinced that's what was occurring. She calmed down in confusion at the sight of Salem and Stefan sitting on her bed watching her.

"Stefan?" She asked utterly confused. He reached over to rub her arm. "Hey, I'm right here. You've been in and out for hours,".

"What happened?" Elena asked making him look down as Salem took her hand.

"You were in an accident," Salem said, her voice barley recognizable. It held so much pain in it that Elena dreaded what would come next.

"Oh my God, Matt...is he..."

"Alive? Ask Stefan. The hero," Damon cut her off, perched on her window sill. Salem couldn't find it in her to glare at him, or even be mad at him.

Damon Salvatore was so painfully in love with Elena Gilbert that he cried when he found out she had died, and it broke him that he wasn't there for her.

Salem could understand that, she could understand his anger but Stefan was also in love with her and he would always put what she wanted first even if it killed her.

"He's fine," Stefan said making Elena sigh in relief as Salem moved to lay beside her, resting her head on Elena's shoulder.

"Thank you. I thought that I...how did you?".

"Save you? He didn't," Damon cut her off, the anger so clear in his voice.

"When Jeremy brought you to the hospital before all this happened...your injuries were worse than anyone knew. Meredith Fell made a choice. She used Damons blood to heal you," Stefan explained making her squeeze Salems hand.

"When Rebekah ran Matt's truck off the road you had vampire blood in your system, Elena," Damon said making her drop Salems hand.

"Oh my god...does that mean that I...am I dead?"she asked, eyes watering as everyone looked solemn.

"No. No. No. That- that wasn't supposed to happen" she panicked.

"Maybe it doesn't have to. I talked to Bonnie. She says she's  stronger than ever. There may be something she can do to help you," Stefan said hopeful but Salem and Damon weren't as optimistic.