Chapter 1: Coffee Shop.

♡Clay pov♡

My alarm blared, jolting me awake.

"Will you shut that shit off?" Jasper muttered.

"Sorry." I apologized.

I turned off my alarm and climbed out of bed. I grabbed the green shirt and a pair of baggy jeans and quickly put them on.

"Green isn't your color." Jasper stated.

I'm well aware. You tell me every time I put on my work uniform.

"They don't have it in other colors." I replied, as usual.

He rolled his eyes and laid back down. He sighed and looked at me. He pulled the blanket down a bit.

"You don't have time to fuck me before you leave?" He asked.

"No, I'm already gonna be late because you changed my alarm while I was sleeping." I stated.

"Oh my god, Clay. It's not a big deal." He replied.

"I don't want to lose my job, so yes, it is a big deal." I told him.

He rolled his eyes. I walked over to the bed, buttoning the last button on my work uniform.

"Okay, I'm going now. I love you." I stated, leaning over.

I pecked his lips, and he smiled.

"I love you too." He replied.

I grabbed my bag and left the dorm. I made sure to lock the door behind me.

He's probably gonna be there when I get back.

I went down the stairs and through the front door.

♡15 minutes later♡

I arrived at the coffee shop and went in.

"Clay! You're late. Third time this week." My manager stated.

I went behind the counter.

"I'm sorry. It was Jasper fucking with my alarm again." I told her.

"Girl, oh my god. Break up with him. He's so annoying." She complained, following me into the back.

"But I love him. He just needs help." I replied, putting my bag into a locker.

"Yeah, fucking clearly he needs help. Not from you, though. Put his ass in a psych ward at this point. Didn't he light a bunch of your stuff on fire last week?" She asked.

"Yes, but he promised he wouldn't do it again." I told her.

She placed her hands on my shoulders and forced me to face her. It was pretty funny because I looked down on her.

"Clay, I love you. I'm saying this as your friend, not your manager. Dump that motherfucker. He's crazy. He treats you like shit. His mental illness shouldn't have to be your problem. He's hurting you. I can see it and so can everyone else." She ranted.

"But he's so -"

"Okay, clearly I'm not getting through to you. At this point, I'm gonna start repeatedly hitting you on the head with a wooden spoon. You'll realize it sooner or later. I just hope it's not later." She told me.

"Niki, I'm okay. He can't control it." I replied.

"Um, excuse me? I asked for more vanilla in this."

"Now deal with this soccer mom behind you." She mumbled.

I rolled my eyes and lightly pushed her. She laughed and went to the back. I turned to see the woman.

"Thank god you're making my drink. Most of the guys who work in these coffee shops are gay. It's good to see one who finally has a girlfriend." She ranted.