Snow Lands...Under?!

"Snow!" The word is ripped from my throat as I register the crushed body of my lifelong rival, rushing over to him. I feel like I'm not really there, like my body's moving on its own, and I watch my actions from the back of my mind. I lift the flaming metal beam that has fallen on his back in the explosion, hissing as the flames burn my hands. "Get up!" I shout painfully, arms shaking from the weight of the beam.
He scrambles up immediately, and I can tell it's difficult. I put my arm around him and help him get to the edge of the arena as fast as possible. "He needs help!" I shout. "Someone help him!" I look at the nearest peacekeeper and yell "you, call an ambulance!!" My tone is harsh and more commanding than it's ever been.
The rest is a blur. I remember them taking Snow out of my arms, me snapping at them as they almost touch his burns. Then they layed him on a stretcher, and I rushed along with them, right with Snow, saying "you'll be okay, you'll be okay," while frantically nodding my head.
Someone looked at my hands. They were burned when I lifted the burning beam off of Snow. I don't remember exactly what they did. But I left with bandages.
I remember my fellow classmates staring at me. Whispering to each other. They might've tried to talk to me. I don't know. I was barely there.
My mind was with Snow.