First Day of School!

Everye's POV

"Everye! Come on Everye, get up."

I groaned as I heard my mom call my name and enter my room.

"Everye! My Irene, you are just like your sister. Wake up Mija!" I heard my mom complain, still half asleep. "Noooo..." I groaned again, burying my head in my pillows. "I just need, like... five more... min.. utes..." I yawned and attempted to go back to sleep. "Nope! Not today. If you don't wake up now you'll miss your first day of high school!" She sighed. "Such a shame too. You and your sister were looking so forward to it." She said as she left the room.

"What are you... talking about? It's not even-" I gasped midway through my sentence as I sat up on my bed. "Oh my Irene!! It's Monday!! It's the first day of high school! Yay!! I'm so excited!" I sprung out of bed and ran over to my closet. I changed into my uniform and went into the bathroom.

I looked at myself in the mirror and immediately cringed. My jet black hair was sticking up in a whole bunch of different places. I tried to tame it as much as possible and styled my hair into a ponytail with this cute pale blue bow. "Looks a little better." I mumbled to myself. After freshening up I went back to my room to pack my bag.

"Pencils? Check. Papers? Check. Cellphone? Check. Backpack? Check." I squealed to myself in excitement. "It's the first day of high school!" I heard a tap on my door and turned to see my mom. "Mija? Are you done yet? Aphmau already finished her breakfast."

"Almost mamá!" I called back. I swung my bag over my shoulders and ran downstairs to grab a bite for breakfast. When I got to the kitchen, I just took a slice of toast that my mom had made for us. Aphmau was standing by the door looking nervous. "Are you girls okay with walking to school alone?"

"Mhmm!" we said in unison, like we usually do. "Alright girls. Now. Get your butts to school and no talking to any boys! They're nothing but trouble. See you girls tonight. Buh-bye girls!~" She gave us a smile before heading out the door to work.

"Well..." Aphmau started. "That narrows it down to, like, half the people we can actually talk to." I nodded in agreement. "Uh huh."

We started walking down the street to our school. It wasn't too far away. We could even see it from our house. "The uniform looks fabulous on you, sis." I said to her. "Thanks! I love how it looks on you too." she responded. We chit-chatted for a while and before we knew it, there was this huge building in front of us. We stared in awe. "This school is huge..." she muttered. I just nodded, still in awe of the huge building. 

We walked up the steps. Halfway through, I sighed and said, "Alright. We can do this! But first!" I took out my phone and looked at my sister. "A selfie!" I wrapped my arm around her and she did the same. We both smiled for the camera.

I laughed, "Aha! Perfect! I-Oof"

Aphmau was pushed into me making me stumble a little. "Wha- Hey! Watch where you're going!" We told the guy who bumped into Aphmau. He just grunted at us and walked away.

"What a jerk!" She exclaimed, glaring at the boy. "Hmph!" I grunted, crossing my arms. We both sighed as I looked at my phone. "Ooh, that's a nice photo. Now let's see. Annnnnnnnnnnddd posted!" I was a bit upset because the boy who bumped into Aphmau was in the picture. We both giggled. "Now, guess we better get to classes." Aphmau said. We continued to walk up the stairs. There was a whole bunch of students hanging around the plaza that had a fountain in the middle. Friends were laughing and chatting in their own little groups. 

"Wow, there's a lot of people here..." I said, walking a bit closer to Aphmau. "Yeah..." She said, walking to the main door to try and open it. "What?! Why is the door locked?!" Aphmau asked quickly turning to face me. I shrugged, "D-Did they forget to open it on the first day?"