Midnight

I was driving to my parents house they live pretty far from where I live. I've been out of high school for a whole year and my college is really far. But anyway the weather is so dangerous I knew I should have tried to leave my friends house earlier but we were having so much fun. We are starting this tradition where I will go to her house every New Year's and hang out and then we spend the holidays with our respective families. This weather is going to make someone crash I just know it. Who I don't know. I can't see the road anymore this is really dangerous I should try and find a nearby shelter. Hopefully I can. I think I found one. The name is called "All You can Eat Diners" What an interesting name. That snow stor.m came in so fast I don't think I will be able to leave anytime soon. I wonder if they have a cell phone I can borrow I realized I left mine in the car and I don't want to go outside to get it.

"Um..excuse me ma'am. Do you have a phone I can borrow." "Why?" She answered in a sassy tone. The woman was old wearing the diners shirt and an apron. "Its just I don't know where I put my charger and....um." Look I lie because I didn't want to be seen as lazy. "'s  Well how is this my fault. You should have been more prepared in case something like this happened honestly the youth these days." She continued to mumble stuff about today's youth I didn't catch nor did I care to know about. Then a few minutes later I see someone else who is older than me also an old lady I think she is only nice to other old people.

Ugh but now I have to go to my car in this weather isn't this just perfect. "Excuse me miss I couldn't help overhearing your dilemma, you said you need a phone to call well you are in luck as I always bring my charger." "Oh my gosh you are an actual life saver thank you so much only I don't have the type of charger I use a different one." "Well than here is my phone." "You sure?" "Of course." The gentle man was a tall and handsome to look at He big brown eyes his hair was light brown almost like looking at light brown chocolate. His outfit He was wearing a gray coat a scarf around his neck that was also gray and everything else was black his pants and boots I personally feel like he could have added a little bit more color but whatever. I called my parents and they understood so we wished each other a happy new year. 

"Hey sir here is your phone back." "Oh thank you the name is Liam." "Lucy." "Nice to meet you Lucy it isn't often I run into pretty girls here you know I mean ones that are my type you know?"  "I guess I follow but thank you. So what are your hobbies?" "Sledding, reading especially on rainy days, I tried knitting once because my grandma was so hyped up about it and was like 'OH mY god WOuldn't it be gReat if My favorite grandson could knit' then I would be like 'Grandma you know I would be bad at it.' then she would go 'Nonsense favorite grandson you would be amazing at it.' then I would say 'Grandma I am your only grandson but ok I will give it a shot.' I miss her sometimes." "Your grandma sounds amazing." "She was you know she used to word at this exact café we would come here everyday after school and just talk. What about you?" "Oh me well I don't have a cute story like that but I was in my schools band I was a clarinet,  choir theatre in fact I am trying to get a role in a movie right now, a creative writing class those things continued on into college and I sing for choir that raises money to help those in need. Any money I make from playing my clarinet on the streets goes straight to charity. Other things I do are saving the planet, reading on the weekends that I'm available and working." "Wow you do a lot of charity work, that's impressive I work in a kitchen and the people that come in that are poor I send them out back and make them a meal free of charge of their choosing just don't tell my manager that he is a greedy bum." "Oh why don't you work here." "Nah people complain to much if I work here to try and keep my grandma's memory alive even more than I already do people are going to ruin this entire place for me with how much they would find to complain about you know?" "Yeah I get that. Imma head to the bathroom I will be right back." "Ok."

I head to the bathroom and I look in the mirror to make sure my hair is all right. I have brown eyes dark chestnut colored hair, and also dressed in gray and black but I'm wearing a red shirt underneath.

"Hey Liam do you think the storm got worse out there? Or did it just look that bad." "No it got worse after you left and so many more people flocked in. We might have to stay here all night." "I had a feeling that was going to happen what time is it right now?" "11:45 pm hey this might come off as a creepy and I'm sorry but what if we made a challenge right now." "I'm up for a challenge." "You don't have to do this but if we can fall for each other at midnight will you be my girlfriend?" "So the challenge is to try and fall in love with each other by the end of the night and if it works I would be your girlfriend?" "Yeah pretty much." "Ok bet." "Starting now." 

Me and Liam were talking throughout the night nonstop about whatever and everything just felt right. I wanted to be with Liam. It was 11:58pm.

"Hey Lucy its 2 minutes before midnight and I'm glad you're standing here in front of me." "I am to Liam do you think we completed the challenge?" "Would you kiss me at midnight and not regret it." "I would." "Well we have 10 seconds." We both starting counting "9.....8.....7....6......5.....4.....3.....2......1...." "Liam would be my boyfriend?" "Yes."