《 •~ 1 ~• 》

TW: Cursing, mentions of alcohol and substances, mentions of SA. Huge mentions of death; suicide. vivid gore.

   • ʚ♡ɞ ⁺˖ ༉ ʚ♡ɞ ⁺˖ ༉ ʚ♡ɞ ⁺˖ ༉ •

I had just woken up about 3 hours ago. It was a smooth Sunday, no big lunch rush or anything. Business had been slow at the restaurant in Aetherwind. Currently, there were only 2 of us working as waitresses. Alaina and I. Alaina was a sweet girl. She hadn't done any wrong to me. Yet.

She came up to me, empty plates in her hand. "Hey kaitlyn, table 9 is for you. I've already done 4 and 3 for the evening. Now it's your turn," she quickly put the plates down in the sink in a rush, coming back to me. "How long is your shift again, katie?"

I sighed deeply, getting my little notepad out and walking to table 9 with her. "I literally forgot what time it is right now.. My shift ends at 8:30 tonight, I believe.." I glanced up. There was a man sitting near the window with his phone in hand. He looked sophisticated as fuck. Nice jaw with some facial hair, messy brunette curls. He was wearing black jeans and a black button-up to match. I walked up to the table, putting on a fake smile. "Good evening, sir. Are you ready to order?"

I watched the man nod and start his meal orally. "Can I have the Filet Mignon with a side salad with just uhm.. well.. shit, just put everything on the salad," the man laughed a bit. I smiled. he was one of those people. Not bad people, but unique. The ones who joke about their mistakes and shit. "And can I get ranch with that salad too? That's all for me. Oh, and can I get another beer when you get a minute?"

I nodded and smiled at the young man. He looked about late 20s, early 30s. I sighed and walked off to get the man's beer. I went back into the cooler, grabbing a Miller Lite. I strode back to his table, setting the beer down. "For you, sir." I watched the man light up in smiles.

"Thank you, miss," He immediately cracked that beer open, drinking it. I couldn't blame him for drinking, I could go for a margarita myself.

After about 10-15 minutes, I brought his salad out with his Fliet Mignon and fries on the side. "Here you are, sir." I smiled a bit, fixing my shirt. "Anything el-" A man from table 8 was staring at my ass. He looked up at me with a smug smirk.

"Hey, beautiful.. For my dinner, uh.. I'd like a nice plate of that ass.. Damn you're thick as hell.." I felt uncomfortable and disgusted. How the fuck do you even say that to someone? I'm just doing my job. I suddenly heard the man that I was serving at table 9 speak up.

"Hey, bud, the fuck is wrong with you? She's just trying to do her job, not get harassed by a dickwad like you who probably lost their dad due to stupidity. Now leave her alone and shut the fuck up." My face immediately turned red at his words. Tears formed in my eyes. I looked toward the man at table 9, a confused look etched on my face.

"i-i uhm.. thank you sir.." I watched the man smile.

"Of course.. I fucking hate seeing you women go through this shit daily. I'm so sorry you get treated like this," The man started. "I'm josh by the way.. and you're.. Kaitlyn?" He smirked, looking at my name tag. I laughed quietly, smiling at Josh.

"Mhm.. Anything else you need," I sighed. "I'd love to chat, but I have other tables to wait." I watched him just nod me on as he began to eat his meal. I walked back behind counter with Alaina. "Hey, dude at table 9 is pretty cute.. I even got his name." Alaina was over joyed for me.

"Oh my gosh! oh my god! Are you finally gonna get a boyfriend?" I laughed at her words.

"No! he's just a customer, Alaina," I laughed at her, hugging her. "I mean, I can try to get a date?" Alaina started freaking out, hugging me and sharing excitement with me.