𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐰𝐞 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞.

TW: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MENTION OF SUICIDE, THIS FIC WILL HAVE A LOT OF ANGST SO BE AWARE.

..

The city was silent, an uncommon occurence when you live in a big city, truly.

It was close to midnight, the sky deep into the night and no clouds shielding the moon, seems like every person in their house was staring at the sky with eagerness this night,

Holding their breath, hands holding each other, the love and promises of a new start blooming at the dark sky.

You are one of those too, you think to yourself.

Waiting, eagerly looking at the sky, promises of a fresh start blooming in your chest, but not in the way everyone else was blooming.

You looked at the clock in the wall, standing up and fixing your white shorts, slowly and peaceful steps towards the balcony with the greatest vision to the show, your hair flowing with the wind.

Soon, cheers erupted from each house, every family hugging their loved ones, the colorful and noisy fireworks started, starting the year with the thing that is humanity: Company.

Yet, you were alone in your balcony, staring at the fireworks with a longing you never knew you could have had.

"The moon is beautiful tonight." You whisper to yourself, smiling. And slowly, your hands reach the balcony, pushing yourself to sit on top of it, the cold tile a shock to your warm skin, goosebumps all over your flesh as you try to not look below.

..You promise to the moon, who seems to watch you over the colours and happy family's, you lonely self, sitting in a cold balcony in the cold night.

But still, when you caress your arms, silent tears roaming down your cheek, you don't regret anything,

When your hair shakes against the wind, your tears drying on your face, you hum a slow tune before doing it.

"Well, I can't really see the stars, but they must be so pretty too.." And isn't that ironic? You can tell the stars must been breathtaking yet you can't see them.

Too bad you can't say the same to yourself.

You look back, behind you, waiting for something, someone,

But nobody came.

"I'll miss this."

You jump

From

The 

Balcony.

The fireworks still aren't done, your vision fades from blurry to all back, but the last thing you see is the beautiful colors in the sky,

And some part of you regrets it.