Chapter 36

"You look thirsty

"You look thirsty. I will give you something to drink, Emperor" chaeyoung made her way to the small pitcher.

Jungkook nodded striding to the low table in the corner of the chamber, surrounded by sumptuous cushions and plump pillows covered in an array of jewel tones.

When she returned a short time later with two tumblers and a pitcher of wine, the corners of his eyes constricted.

"This wine is specially made for you," she was cheerful while saying it.

Jungkook raked the pitcher from top to bottom as he stepped past her and sank onto the cushions encircling the table

Chaeyoung grinned knowingly and made a statement, "You don't trust me" She poured some wine into a cup and drank from it first before handing it to him.

"It's not like I am not trusting you. These kind of hesitation became my habit due to strict security rules." Jungkook took tumbler from her.

"So sad" She blinked her eyes making a cute face. As he raised the tumbler to his lips, she saw him smile.

"Do you like it?"

He tilted his head in consideration
"Mmm..it's different."

"So, tell me one thing" chaeyoung interjected in a conversational tone peering up at him with a question on her perfect lips

"Why are you having difficulty sleeping?"

Her question seemed to catch him off guard.He stared at her over the rim of his tumbler.

"Who told you that ?" As Jungkook found himself loss of words chaeyoung came up with another one

"Do you have nightmares?" she probed,

He inhaled carefully. "No."

"What was your last dream?" Out of curiosity she sat up straight and twisted her fall of brown lustrous hair so that it hung over one shoulder

"I don't remember." Jungkook's concentration was on her silky hair not in her talk that time.He suddenly felt a weird longing to run his fingers through her hair. What was wrong with him ?

"How come you don't remember ?" Her eyes sparked with amusement.

When chaeyoung started to cause him problems through her questionnaires Jungkook decided to change the topic into her "Do you remember your last dream?"

Chaeyoung canted her lips to the side in thought. "Yes.I remember it pretty well"

"Tell me what it was about."

"Forgive me Emperor but I can't share my last dream with you"

She shied to herself in memory.She made an effort to control herself, but a bright red flush spread over her cheeks

"Why ?" Somehow Jungkook too started to feel intrigue by her

Chaeyoung swiftly remonstrated with a naughty smile "Because right now it is you who badly need to get some sleep not me.Therefore I tell you a story. You sit and listen. When I'm finished with the tale, you may perhaps feel an urge to sleep" She waited for his response.