Poison ivy

If Taeyong had to rank the boys from who got in the most amount of trouble to the least, it would go like this: Haechan, Mark, Renjun, Jeno, Jaemin, Chenle, and Jisung. The youngest three really had no way of actually getting into trouble since they probably didn't even know the meaning of the word trouble. Sometimes, the boys surprised him but not very often. Of course, every once in a while, all four of the older boys got in trouble at the same time. 

"I'm going to take these three up to bed. You four need to start getting ready before I come back down" Taeyong secured Chenle in one arm and Jisung in the other. Jaemin grabbed onto Taeyong's shirt, using it to climb up the stairs. As soon as they were gone, Jeno, Haechan, and Renjun turned to Mark and stared at him.

"Come on you guys, let's clean up" Mark instructed, grabbing a blanket from off the floor and folding it. No one else moved. 

"Come on guys! We don't want to be in trouble" Renjun did the same and picked up the cards that he and Jeno had been playing with. 

"I don't want to go to bed" Haechan whined. Renjun looked again at Mark and the oldest's face lit up. 

"Come on" Mark picked Haechan up, struggling a little. Renjun took Jeno's hand and they followed Mark outside.

"What are we going to do?" Jeno questioned, stuffing his thumb into his mouth. Renjun took it back out, wiping Jeno's hand in his shirt and patting his brother on the head. 

"We're going to hide so we don't have to go to bed. It'll be too obvious inside and we'll get caught too quickly" Mark explained, setting Haechan down and shoving him into a bush. Jeno cowered down behind Renjun when Mark turned to him.

"Don't worry, baby. It's not a hurt bush. It's safe" Mark assured him, sticking a finger to the bush leaves to show Jeno that it was okay. Jeno nodded and crawled into the small hole behind the bush.

"Where do we hide?" Renjun wondered.

"Up there" Mark pointed to the tree that overlooked the bush where their brothers were. Renjun nodded and walked over to the tree, putting his arms up. Mark made a foothold with his hands and gave Renjun a leg up, climbing the tree after him. Renjun could see Jeno and Haechan from his spot and Mark could see into the house from his spot. Taeyong came into the living room, looking at the mess that had not been cleaned up. He looked around the living room and then the kitchen but there was no sign of the boys. Then he came to the sliding doors and opened them.

"He's coming outside. Be quiet" Mark whispered.

"I don't think you need to worry about me. Look, Jeno's itching a lot" Renjun pointed to the bush. Mark turned his head and stared. 

"No, no no!" Mark looked back at Taeyong, watching him get closer to Jeno and Haechan. 

"What do we do?" Renjun panicked. Jeno stood up, crying to Taeyong, who picked him up and looked around the yard. 

"Mark Lee and Huang Renjun! Come out here, right now!" Taeyong knew they were in the yard even if he could not see them. Renjun gave up and jumped out of the tree, landing face first. 

"Ow" He grumbled, sitting up and brushing the dirt off his clothes. Mark made a more graceful descent, helping Renjun to stand up. 

"Inside now, all of you" Taeyong pointed back to the house. Renjun went to take Jeno's hand but Taeyong stopped him. 

"Don't touch him" Taeyong ordered, separating Jeno from the rest of the boys and having them sit on the couch. He got something from the kitchen and sat down in front of Jeno.

"You boys are in so much trouble. I told you to clean up and get ready for bed and instead you decided to hide outside and now Jeno, and probably Haechan too, have poison ivy" Taeyong scooped a little bit of cream out of the bottle he had grabbed, spreading it on Jeno's arms and neck. 

"We didn't realize that it was a poison ivy bush!" Mark argued.

"That's not the point! You disobeyed me" Taeyong responded, shaking his head. He turned to Haechan, doing the same as he had for Jeno.

"Did either of you two touch the bush out there?" He wondered. Mark and Renjun exchanged a small glance.

"I did. I was trying to show Jeno that the bush wouldn't hurt him and didn't have any thorns" Mark admitted.

"Give me your hand" Taeyong nodded, covering the oldest kid in anti-itching, poison ivy cream.

"You two come here" Taeyong motioned Haechan and Jeno over first.

"I know that your brothers probably didn't give you much of a choice but to go with them. But you still know the rules, you should've gotten me instead of following them" Taeyong lectured.

"Okay, that's just not fair!" Renjun interrupted.

"Renjun, sit down" Taeyong hardened his tone.

"No! He's right. I didn't want to go to bed. It was my idea, not theirs" Haechan confessed, pushing to get in between Taeyong and Renjun.

"All of you go to bed. Your grounded from playing outside for the rest of the week" Taeyong decided, keeping Haechan from leaving with the others.

"I understand that you don't like bedtime but it's important for you to get sleep. Otherwise, your all grumpy and you don't want to be grumpy, do you?" Taeyong lectured.

"No, I guess not" Haechan shook his head.

"Exactly. That's why when I tell you it's time for bed, you need to listen to me. Got it?" Taeyong stood up, carrying Haechan to the stairs.

"Got it. I'm sorry" Haechan put his arms around Taeyong's neck, holding on tightly.

"It's okay, Channie. Get some sleep" Taeyong quietly opened the door to Haechan and Jaemin's room, slipping in while being careful not to wake the younger. He set Haechan in his bed, tucking the covers around him and then leaving just as quickly. He heard Jaemin stir a little and wake up but he knew that both boys would be asleep again in no time.

"I'm sorry for assuming that you guys were the ones who came up with the idea downstairs. That was wrong of me" Taeyong sat down in front of Mark, Renjun and Jeno.

"Well, it was Haechan who didn't want to go to bed but it was my idea to go outside" Mark added on, filling the whole story so there was no confusion.

"Well, either way. I should have never yelled at you two. Can you forgive me?" Taeyong repeated. Renjun and Mark ran to him, hugging him on either side.

"Of course. It's okay" Renjun assured him. Mark nodded in agreement.

"Now off to bed" Taeyong motioned Jeno over, picking him up too and going to each of the beds, dropping first Jeno and then Renjun and finally Mark into their beds and tucking them in. He checked into the nursery for Chenle and Jisung but they were still knocked out, curled up next to each other in Chenle's bed. Somehow, Jisung had managed to get out of his crib and into Chenle's.

____________________
Rooms
Mark(7), Renjun(6), Jeno(5) 
Haechan(4) and Jaemin(3)
Chenle(2) and Jisung(1)
Taeyong