Chapter 1

Authors Note
This is my first attempt at writing any sort of fanfiction so don't judge too hard. Leave some comments and tell me what you think of the first chapter.

Coriolanus Snow was the happiest man alive. Of course he was. He had caught the prettiest fish in the sea, Lucy Gray Baird. She was his and he was hers. Their love was eternal. He knew that he had to try his best not to fuck it up.

"Three?"

Snow looked up as panic settled in. He fucked up. She didn't know about Sejanus. How could he explain himself. Should he make something up. Something like how he killed his old self.No that wouldn't work. She told me that she trusted me and I couldn't break that trust. Maybe telling the truth was the right answer.

"What do you mean?" He asked, hoping to dodge the question all together.

"You said three. I only know about two. Don't lie to me Coryo." Said Lucy Gray as she walked up to him.
Coriolanus struggled to form the words he was looking for. He wanted to tell her about Sejanus but just the thought made him want to cry. He hated what he had down. The way she was looking at him. Like her trust in him was failing.

"S-s-sejanus, he did something stupid. I-I-I tried to help him. I tried to c-c-convince him that what he was doing was w-w-wrong. That it would only end up with him in trouble. I didn't mean for him to die. I never wanted to turn him in like that. Lucy Gray I swear I never meant to hurt him. It hurts me so much. He was my best friend and I killed him." Coriolanus fell to the ground, the tears and emotion that had been welling up inside him pouring out. Lucy Gray wrapped him up in her arms and consoled him.

"Hey Coryo, listen to me. It's going to be ok. I believe you. I am so sorry for what happened. It's not your fault he did something stupid and got caught. You tried to help him that's all. It's ok my love. I am right here with you." She hugged him tighter, kissing his forehead. She ran her fingers through his hair trying her hardest to comfort him. "It looks like it's going to rain. Let's get to the cabin. We can fish and gather Katniss."

" I thought it was out of season." Coryo looked up into her eyes trying to smile.

"It's still good enough to eat. We should get going. Then we can talk more."

"That's a good idea. I hope you can still trust me, Lucy Gray. I love you, and I want to be with you. I want to make you happy. I want to make it up to you for everything I have done."

"You don't have to do any of that for me, my love. I trust you Coriolanus Snow. I love you more than I can express in words. I want to be with you all the time. You are my whole world. I am so glad you decided to run away with me."

The couple stood up unlocking from their embrace. They locked hands and started to walk towards the cabin right as the rain started. They sped up as soon as they spotted the cabin trying their hardest not to get too wet. They crashed into the door laughing like children as they quickly opened it and ran inside. Snow slammed the door behind them shivering from the cold rain.

"We need towels and to dry our clothes or we might get sick." Said Coryo as he started to unbutton his shirt. Now that he had time to think his emotions began to overwhelm him again. He was a failure of a friend. He only ever hurt those closest to him. He got his closest friend killed just to save his own skin. Snow started crying again. His shirt was now hanging from a clothesline in the corner. He moved to the bed and sat down with his hands on his face. The tears couldn't stop now.

Lucy Gray could feel her heart breaking. She couldn't stand to see her darling capital boy like this. She sat down next to him unsure of which approach to take. She grabbed his hand and interlocked her fingers with his.

"Coryo, I am right here with you. Everything will be ok." She said putting a hand on his face. She wiped his tears from his face, stroking his cheek. She climbed from the bed to the floor in front of him. "Look at me Coryo." His eyes lifted from his lap to her face. His eyes were bright red from the tears. Lucy Gray leaned forward her hands on his face and kissed him. Her mouth and his mouth connected in a beautiful moment. Coryo felt so much happier knowing that she was there for him and that she forgave him for what he did. He leaned into her making the kiss deeper. His tongue pushed its way into her mouth as he climbed down from the bed. He wrapped her into a tight hug as their lips pulled away. A string of saliva still connected their lips. Snow smiled brightly as he looked at his love. This was the happiest he had been in a very long time. Nothing could separate him from his girl. She was his and he was hers. Their love was written in the stars.

" I love you Lucy Gray. I feel much better now. I am glad you are here with me."

"Of course Coryo. I will always be here for you. I love you too."