𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡𝑤𝑜

CHAPTER TWO
That's Not Creepy At All

Currently Preston, Bonnie, and Damon were in the store all alone, or at least that's what they figured. Music played over the speakers. What Preston was happy about was that Preston used a random motorcycle and drove all the way to Lawrence, Kansas one month ago to get the Impala. When she got it, she left the bike there and drove back to Mystic Falls.

Bonnie punched Damon in the shoulder. "I got it." He responded.

"Okay. We need strawberries... eggs, milk, and, ooh, candles." Bonnie said, picking up a candle, grinning.

"I know it's been a while, but you couldn't do magic as an anchor. So I'm curious what momentary lapse of reason makes you think you can do it now?" Damon questioned Bonnie.

Preston was starting to go insane. The bickering, the whole witch/non-witch argument, not to mention the debate if they were alone or not, it was starting to get irritating.

"You know, when this all started, you sucked at making pancakes, and now, they're somewhat edible." Bonnie paused. "Milk. There's no reason to be Peter Pessimist. And we have proof we're not alone." Bonnie said, trying on a pair of sunglasses.

"First of all, don't nickname. That's my thing, and Preston does it. And this proof, this mysteriously filled-in crossword could very easily have been you." Damon said, taking one pair of sunglasses from Bonnie and putting them on.

"I didn't fill it in." Bonnie stated.

"Neither did I. I hate anything to do with riddles and shit." Preston also stated.

"No, you don't know you filled it in. You also don't know that you talk in your sleep. Eggs." Damon told Bonnie, believing Preston's answer.

"What are you saying?" Bonnie asked, grabbing the carton of eggs. "You're saying I sleepcrossword?" She questioned.

"I'm saying it makes more sense than the alternative." Damon told her.

"Does it?" Preston sassed.

Shortly after, both Damon and Bonnie had aggressively taken their sunglasses off and Damon aggressively placed the eggs in the cart. "I get what you're doing." Bonnie said.

"What am I doing?"

"You refuse to have hope that you'll see anyone ever again, so you don't have to be disappointed." Bonnie assumed.

"I refuse to have hope because there's nothing to hope for."

"Pork rinds." Bonnie said.

Preston grimaced.

"Not on the list, and ew."

"No, Damon. There were pork rinds here, on this shelf. There have been pork rinds here on every shopping trip we've had for the past four months." Bonnie pointed to the missing spot.

"Maybe the pork rinds realised they were useless and gross." Preston joked. Merry-go-round music started playing in the distance, creeping Preston out. "That's not creepy at all." She muttered.