°⌜ 𝟎𝟐 ⌟°

━━━━━ °⌜ 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐃𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 ⌟° ━━━━━

━━━━━━ °⌜   𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈.  ⌟° ━━━━━━

𝐅𝐄𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐀𝐑𝐘 | 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟒

Much has changed over the past two years since Geto became your friend.

For one, you are not alone. He waits for you whenever there is a break or class transition. His other friends would call him, but he would smile and tell them to go without him. You have tried to let him be with his friends, but it never lasts long. They invite him to play sports and go into the town. He will go while you are in your club. But when the clock strikes the evening, you find him standing beside the door with his gentle smile.

Another thing is that there are rarely any monsters around you. They don't linger close to you when around Geto.

That thought concerns you, leaving you wondering if he has eaten them lately. You even offer to eat some, too, but he stares at you as if contemplating before he reassures you that he is okay.

You met his family, mainly his parents. They are welcomingly kind, formally well-mannered, and quiet. You like how they decorate their house; they strongly regard tradition and historical styles.

His family is a complete contrast to your household.

Under your roof, there's a bustling array of people - parents, a grandmother, an older brother, an older sister, a younger sister, and a baby brother on the way. Add to the mix three pets – a three-legged dog, a deaf cat, and a blind bird – courtesy of your mom's lifelong affinity for rescued animals. Her love for giving these creatures a home has reached a point where your father contemplates renting a larger house.

Your house might seem overwhelmingly rambunctious, casual, and deafening to an outsider.

So when you first introduced Geto to this eccentric 180-degree environment, anxiety gripped you. It's not that you harbour any ill feelings toward your family; it's just their enthusiasm for Geto from the get-go. The last thing you want is to come off as creepy or overwhelming.

Yet, to your surprise, he took it in stride and relished the experience, habitually dropping by during dinner on days when his parents worked late.

Today, however, is no ordinary day.

Covered in a powdery snowfall of flour, you dip your towel-wrapped hands into the oven, brushing aside the enveloping heat that dances along your arms, caresses your cheeks, and lifts the tray from the hearth.

Miniature cakes find their place on the cooling rack under your careful watch.

You head for the refrigerator. You emerge with a handful of plump strawberries, ready to crown your sweet creations.