Take A Break

Julie rushed around the house, hair a mess. She had to make sure everyone had breakfast before she rushed off to work. Gareth and Billy leaned on the counter watching her move like a snake. Billy took a sip of his coffee looking at Gare. 
"How long do you think it'll take before she realises the twins are here in the kitchen with us and not in her baby wrap?" 
He smiled as his daughter grabbed his finger covering it in baby food, he hated the feeling but most of the food was getting into her mouth.
Julie ran upstairs, shortly after ran downstairs into the kitchen. 
"Alright babies fed, you two are fed, tools in car. I'm good!"
She grabbed a to go mug and poured some coffee into it adding sugar. She rushed over to the boys kissing their cheeks before rushing out the door. 
"When was the last time she slept?"
"No idea, she says she falls asleep in the baby room.... but I'm sceptical. What do we do Gareth? I've tried talking to her but she shooed me away. Kinda pissed me off."
Gareth thought for a moment before looking towards the garage, 
"I have an idea, she won't like it. But it'll work."
He ruffled his sons hair as he walked off to the garage.
"Wait where are you going?"
"Going to my board, I have a plan that needs to be put on the board."
He gave a smug smirk seeing Billy's face drop and turn into a glare. 

Julie showed up at the house around six at night. She walked through the front door letting out a huff. Billy walked downstairs holding empty bottles.
"Hey took you long enough, Gareths in the garage, says he has a surprise for you."
She rubbed her eyes letting out a soft groan. 
"I don't have time for his little antics right now, i'm very busy."
She walked into the garage, Gareth was playing his drums.
"Hey Gare...."
She looked around before sitting on the couch.
"What's the surprise?"
"How was work? Why do you seem like you don't want to be here?"
She stood up running her hand through her hair.
"I'm covered in grease, I need a shower. Work was fine, I'm just... tired."
"You say that a lot now... do we mean nothing anymore?"
She looked at him kinda hurt by his question.
"Excuse me? You all mean the world to me, why would you even say that?!"
He set down his drumsticks standing up, 
"You never have time, you come home, eat, shower, then go to bed. You are missing vital points in the kids lives. It's a serious question."
He slowly walked towards her, taking it cautious as she glared. 
"You have to be joking, those late nights... it's all for you! For all of you.... Gareth I would die for you all, hell I'd kill for you all. If it meant you were all taken care of and happy. I would do anything for you."
He gently grabbed her hands not looking away from her, he gently rubbed his thumb on her.
"Would you take a break for us?"
"W- what?"
"Take a break, rest... let someone else work in the shop for a few days. Put everyone else's problem aside and focus on yours? Let us hold you through rough times for once? Please, for me?"
She looked at him, she felt tears well up, she always took care of everyone. She's never put herself first. Was this her path to freedom? Free from her past? She looked down as she gently gripped his hands.
"I will take a break, I hired some people throughout this week, I promise I'll take a break. For us."
She kissed him as he smiled, 
"Now let me go take my shower i'm covered in grease."

A week has passed since the conversation in the garage, Julie, Billy, Gareth, their kids and pets all sat in the living room. Billy put on some music as they all talked, Guppy laid down next to Gareth as Salem purred on Julies lap.
"Hows the shop Jules?"
"Well I've only gotten one call today, it's good I put them in good hands."
She smiled, resting her head on Gareths shoulder. Romeo rushed into the house smiling big.
"Julie! Julie! Oh gods! Julie it happened!"
She set Salem on the couch and stood up, 
"What happened? Are you ok?!"
Romeo showed his sister his hand, 
"I'm going to get married!"
"W- what?! That's amazing!"
She hugged him happily, her brother was taken care of. 
Gareth stood up wrapping his arms around Julies waist,
"Congrats Romes."
He looked at Julie, her face showed she was happy, but her eyes? Her eyes said a different story.
"I need to go tell Robin!"
Romeo kissed his sisters forehead, 
"Bye!" 
He rushed out of the house as Julies smile faded.
"Now what? My life's purpose has been to take care of him... now what do I do?"
Gareth gently cupped her face and smiled,
"You live, live how you want Julie. He's still your brother and he's always going to need you but now, now you can live your life."
Billy jolted up running to grab a camera,
"Holy shit guys! Look!"
He pointed as the two looked to the living room floor. Guppy  was crouched down a little as their son rocked trying to keep his balance. He looked at Julie and smiled as he took his first steps. Julie gasped smiling big as she watched him walk to her, she scooped him up kissing his cheek.
"I'm so proud of you! look at my little rockstar."
Gareth smiled and ruffled his sons hair before looking at Julie. 
"You are truly free."
Those words stuck to her, her mind racing with memories of her past, just slipping away. For years she's been trapped. But right here and now, she was free.