Part 1-Aisha

Aisha was walking to school. The school was pretty close to her house, which was now hardly bearable to live in. The roof was destroyed, and half the walls were now chunks of rubble. She was with her best friend, Omar. The sun was bright as fire, illuminating the cloudy sky. Aisha was used to the constant, terrifying fear that one day she might not wake up...the bombing was no better than before. Aisha insisted she go to school, although the chance she may not come back was strong as ever. As their feet thudded against the dusty rubble, Aisha let tears fall. It was hard to believe how destroyed Gaza had gotten, and she felt immensely grateful for every step she could still take. The air was foul, filled with smoke and dust. Aisha coughed and sputtered, but continued to walk to school. She looked around; the street now just rubble, destroyed buildings. 
 She had always wanted to become a doctor, and begged her Mom to let her go to school, despite the greater and greater chance that her school might be bombed. She was willing to die for this job, and was determined to grow up and save other people's lives. Each morning, she cried with her Mom. Aisha knew that those moments could be their last together. She glanced over to Omar. They smiled at each other.  
"Hey, look! School is so close now!" Omar smiled, running over to the building. He took Aisha's hand, and they ran together. They had been friends for their whole lives, and cared for each other like siblings.  
As the two slowed their pace, they walked in through the door. The classroom was filled with children. Some were crying, others were playing games. It was like any other classroom. Children, a teacher. Not much different from any other. Aisha wondered why anybody would want to hurt these kids, let alone murder them with crashing bombs. Aisha wiped her eyes and sat down next to Omar.  
"Let's play a game!" Aisha suggested.  
"Y-" Omar began, suddenly interrupted by the teacher's desperate yells. 
The children were pulled by the teacher out of the building. Lots of screams and shouts were heard. The blinding sun shone into the children's eyes. The same sun everybody else sees. Aisha looked up. Helicopters. She started to run with the other children. They were faster than her, and with all the rubble on the floor, she tripped. Omar took her hand and tried to help her up, but as she tried to stand, something snapped. Her ankle. She screamed in agony and held Omar's hand tightly. The helicopters were getting closer. She could hear them, and...the screaming. Suddenly, an explosion of dirt and gravel hit her body. Omar crouched beside her. Particles of rubble, rock, and dust blinded her. Her entire body felt like it was being hit with burning hot rocks; it was. Aisha felt the blood leaving through her bare arms and legs. It was like no pain she had ever experienced before. Millions of tiny, hot rocks were hitting her body, making her bleed. Omar was screaming. Fire was everywhere. The eruption of sounds was deafening. Aisha hugged Omar as the bombs fell, constant pain and blood all over their weakened bodies. Why would anybody on earth do this!? Aisha thought despairingly. The helicopters were going back to the school. To kill the children, to cause pain and suffering. It was over. Another bomb dropped, this one closer to the school; where Omar and Aisha were lying closely. As their eyes closed for the last time, Aisha wondered..."𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘩𝘶𝘮𝘢𝘯𝘪𝘵𝘺? 𝘒𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘪𝘯𝘯𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘥𝘴, 𝘣𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘦𝘴, 𝘮𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘧𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴. 𝘐...𝘐 𝘸𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘶𝘭𝘥 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘣𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘤𝘦𝘧𝘶𝘭...𝘤𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘴, 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨." And that would be the last thought she would ever think. Last breath she took.  

ᴀᴜᴛʜᴏʀ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛᴇ; ꜰʀᴇᴇ ᴘᴀʟᴇꜱᴛɪɴᴇ! ᴅᴏ ᴀɴʏᴛʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ!