New beginnings in the Core

Name: Rabè Tonsort
Handmaiden
Age: 24
Height: 5'3
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Brown
Skills: Espionage, marksmanship, counterfeit, hand-to-hand combat, grapple hook, braiding, fashion, makeup, and art

6 years ago
Queen Amidala stood in front of the throne as the newly elected Jamillia approached the throne hair done up, and made hiding most of her factual features. Standing beside the no longer child queen stood her dutiful handmaidens, Sabè the second, Eirtaè the engineer, Yanè the seamstress, Sachè the youngest, and Rabè the lawbreaker, each wearing a hooded cloak matching the queen's attire.

  "Greeting Queen Jamillia, congratulations on your election." Queen Amidala nodded as the young girl approached her. "Thank you, Queen Amidala, I hope to be able to lead your people just as you have." The young woman smiled. "And hopefully leave your mark." Amidala nodded in her royal tone. The handmaidens stood by her side as the queen handed the staff in her hand to the governor between the girl and young woman, Queen Amidala handed over the staff to the Governor and for just a moment Naboo had no Queen, the planet was without a ruler, then swiftly order was reinstalled.

   Jamillia had been crowned Queen of Naboo and now it was her time to rule. The handmaiden's hoods were lowered exposing their faces for the first time outside of their shared bedroom. Rabè looked over to the former queen and nodded her head, showing her support for the former monarch. "Amidala I was wondering if you'd be willing to represent Naboo in the Senate?" The newly elected Queen inquired. Padme looked brighter at the young queen and bowed her head. "It would be my honor, your majesty," Padme said with a wide smile.

"Have you guys decided what you are going to do now?" Padmè asked as she watched her friends begin to carry their bags. "Well, I am going back to school for music." Sabè offered as she pushed her bags into the corners. "I am running for Naboo's planetary legislative assembly." Sachè chimed with a beaming smile that never seemed to leave her face. "I'm moving to Otoh Gunga." Eirtè shrugged. Rabè remained silent as he slung her bags over her back. "Rabè what about you?" Padme asked with an inquisitive look in her eyes.

Rabè shrunk back slightly and swallowed her spit. "I am going to Coruscant, to go to the Grand Republic Medical Learning Facility," Rabè stated with a nod of her head. Her sisters turned to face her with confusion on their features. "Isn't that expensive?" Sachè pipped up. "I got in on a scholarship." Rabè nodded as she stepped back and looked at the people who knew her best. Padme looked up at Rabè and smiled. "And this is what you want to do?" She asked sincerely. "I saw how much our world was plagued by the invasion of Naboo. I don't want to be helpless anymore." She proclaimed.

Padme grinned at Rabè, rose to her feet, and held out her hand to the double of her. "Well, then I look forward to going to your graduation." Padme nodded confidently. Rabè smiled at her Padme before she pulled the slightly younger into a hug. "You must visit me when you have time." Padme proclaimed. "I will," Rabè whispered in Padme's shoulder. Rabè stepped back and bowed down to the former monarch. "It was an honor to serve you, Queen Amidala." Rabè smiled. "And it was an honor to serve with such a good friend." She smiled with a bow.

Rabè turned towards her other sisters and hugged them some longer than others. "Don't hesitate to com okay?" Sabè insisted with a smirk. "Oh come on sabè you know that hesitating is Yanè's job." She smirked back. "It was one time!" Yanè proclaimed with a huff. "Yeah, one hundred percent of the time." Eirtè shot back as she crossed her arms. "So long guys." Rabè smiled as she walked out of the room, walking out into the beaming rays of the morning sun, prepared for her new life.

Arriving on Coruscant
Rabè's POV
I felt the shuttle land on the docking bay, thus signaling to me that I should rise from my seat, grab my bag, and make my way toward the exit. Just then the robotic voice of the assistance droid filled the cabin, of where me and the dozens of other travelers had sat. "Please remain seated until after the captain has opened the exit doors, you pay then unlatch your safety restraints by pressing the release button on your left. Make sure you have all your personal belongings as you exit, thank you for flying Star Tours, buh bye." The droid proclaimed when the doors suddenly opened.

I hurriedly unlatched my safety restraint grabbed my stuffed rucksack, and made my way out of the shuttle, pushing past some other Nabooians, Twi'liks, and gungans. Then just out of the corner of my eye, I spotted two senate guards standing beside the Supreme Chancellor, the other passengers and people stared at the man in shock, when I locked eyes with the chancellor. His face visibly brightened and he nodded his guard over to me.

"Ah Rabè, I do hope your flight here was peaceful." The chancellor nodded. "Thank you for your concern, Chancellor." She smiled softly. "The flight was uneventful." She nodded. "Yes, well that is good because now we have many matters to attend to." He nodded sincerely.

The Coruscant University
"Ah Supreme Chancellor, welcome." A man in long complicated and elegant garments greeted. "Headmaster Aldrich, yes thank you. This is Rabè Tonsort, the very intelligent young woman I am sponsoring." Palpatine said with a wide smile as he placed his hand on my back. "Ah yes, I've heard quite a bit about you." The headmaster nodded curtly as he folded his arms together. "Now I expect Misses Tonsort to be given the best accommodations and resources for her education. I see a bright feature for this young lady." He added. "It will be done, Chancellor." The headmaster beamed brightly.

  "Now come along student Tonsort." The man nodded. "Oh Rabè before you go, I wish that we meet every Saturday to just simply catch up and discuss your studies." The chancellor nodded. "My office will be in contact with you to give you the proper clearance." The fatherly-like man nodded with a kind smile. "I would like that," I replied with a smile before the man turned away and left with his guards. "Right this way student Tonsort."

Time skip
I walked in silence down the hallway of the university with the headmaster at my side, the heels of my boots thumbed against the durasteal floor. "Now student Tonsort, what is the reason for your study? Why do you want to become a doctor?" The man asked. I let out a sigh as I placed my hands behind my back.

   "When I was fourteen, my home world was infiltrated by the trade federation. I watched as my people who starved, Theed be overrun by droids, I remember the fear and anger I had at these people. I remember feeling defenseless, and from that moment on, I knew I never wanted to feel that way again." I answered. The headmaster looked at me, studying me for a deep moment, and then smiled tenderly.

  "Of course Tonsort, I must say the idea of a girl such as yourself being interested in science is interesting. However, I should let you know, that just because you've gained the Chancellor's favor does not mean you'll be treated as such. We are preparing to have you fail, but we are expecting you to succeed." The headmaster proclaimed sternly as he looked down upon me. I stared at him in silence, floored by the undertones of his statement.

"Do you understand?" He pushed on, forcing me to respond. "Yes, headmaster." I nodded hurriedly. "Very good, here is your dorm room, I expect you to be moved in by the end of the night and settled." He announced while he opened the door. "Your roommate isn't back yet, so hurry along." Before shutting the door and urging me on already. "Well, here we go." I sighed out loud as I flung my bag over the bed, knowing that there was no going back now.

The headmaster sat in his office as he held the chandrillian whisky in his hand, while he looked over the Coruscant skyline. "The girl your master prophized of, arrived today." The man spoke sternly. "The key to destroying worlds." She added. "How can you be sure?" An eloquent voice inquired. "Because in the thousands of years of this school existing, never before have I had the Chancellor of the Republic escort a new student into the facility."

Please leave comments and opinions on the chapter, I love reading your them.