-5 Days Before School Starts-

Moving from Seattle to here was a big change. A year ago my parents split and it was the dumbest idea ever. I mean hate the fact that it was all because of a stupid argument. So now I'm living with my mom in Plainview. "Aren't you excited Dante", Mom asked. "It it's fine I guess", I said. "What's the matter", She asked. "Why did we have to move so far away", I said. "Dante, you know why we did", She said. "Plus aren't you excited? You get a fresh start", She asked.  I looked out the window and watched as we drove past every house until we got to ours. We pulled into the driveway and got out of the car. We walked to the front door and it was empty. "Now the moving van doesn't get here until Friday but we hold down the fort till then", She smiled. "Oh can you get the other suitcases from the car", Mom asked. I nod. I walked back to the car and noticed a folder note on the trunk. I picked it up out of curiosity and opened it. "To the New Neighbor, Roses are too mainstream, and violets are too shy. I'm the mysterious drummer in the shadows, enchanted by your arrival. Your presence is like a love ballad, and I'm the drummer orchestrating a symphony of admiration. Welcome to the neighborhood, and may our silent duet unfold.", It said. I looked around to see if away had seen who dropped off this note but it seemed no one was around. Whoever it was had bad handwriting but it was cute and made me blush a little. I got the other suitcases and walked back into the house still blushing from the note. "Honey are you okay", Mom asked. "Yeah I'm fine", I said. 

-1 Day before School starts-

As the days went by I got more and more notes. Even though I didn't know who the guy was I liked the attention. However, I would stay up late at night imagining who the guy was. Tonight I was enjoying dinner with my mom when I heard the door ring. I went to answer the door secretly hoping it was a note. I opened the door and there it was on the doorstep. I picked it up and opened it. "To the New Neighbor, As the moon takes center stage and the neighborhood falls into a hush, I, the mysterious drummer, send you this nocturnal serenade. Your presence has added a melody to our quiet symphony. Sweet dreams, and may the night be as enchanting as your arrival. Until the rhythm of dawn, sleep well.", It said. I smiled and started blushing again. "Dante who is it", Mom shouted. "Nobody Mom", I shouted. I put the note in my pocket and sat back down. "So are you excited for school", She asked. "Yeah kinda", I said. "Oh it's going to be so exciting", Mom said.

-The Next Day-

As I walked to the bus stop I saw this weird van that almost ran me. As the van almost ran me over I tripped and tripped and fell. The van stopped someone got out and walked toward me. "Dude how do even have a license", I said. The shrugs. "You act like it's this big bruise you'll be fine", He said. "You have no sympathy do you", I said. "Why would I give sympathy to a stranger", He said. "I don't know why would you give sympathy to a stranger you almost ran over", I said. "Yeah almost", He said. "I almost ran you over", He said. "I'm not following your stupid logic", I said. "Whether you did or not I still got hurt", I said. "I'm...going to sue", I said. "Wait really", He said looking worried. "Yeah you'll be hearing from my lawyer", I said. He looked like he was about to cry and I kinda felt bad. Then he switched it up on me. "Sike, I don't care about a lawyer", He said. "What are you going to tell them I gave you a booboo", He said mocking me in a baby voice. I gave out a moan of frustration. "Yeah got you there", He said. The bus drove past us. "Thanks a lot, Emo Boy you made me late for school", I said. "Hey I'm not Emo okay", He said. "Oh did that hit home", I said smiling. "I don't have a home so HA", He said. "So you're homeless", I said. "Oh my god this ugly homeless guy is harassing me help", I shouted smiling sinisterly. "Hey dude shut up", He said. I kept shouted help. "What can I do to make you stop", He asked. "I want a ride", I said. "Yeah right", he laughed. I started shouting for help. "Fine get in", He said.

-School-

As we were driving to school the dude almost killed me. We got out of the car I felt dizzy. "Thanks for trying to kill me", I said. "You're welcome", He said smiling sinisterly. As I was walking I put on my earbuds and started walking to the entrance of the school. Then the guy took out my earbuds. "Do you need something", I asked. "I'm trying to talk to you", He said. "Talk to the ground not me", I said putting the back in. He snatched them out of my ears and started running with them. "Dude what the hell", I said. "Catch me first", He said. I started running after him in the school parking lot. After a lot of chasing I stopped to catch my breath. He started taunting me with my earbuds. I ran after him again but tripped and fell on him. For a second there we both started blushing. "Get off of me stupid", He said. "You look stupid", I said. "You sound stupid", He said back. "You are stupid", I said. "You were born stupid", He said. "Aww look at Rodrick and his boyfriend", A boy said and a group of boys laughed. Rodrick flipped them off. "Rodrick huh, well that's an awful name to be born with", I said. "You act like I picked the name you brainless slug", He said. "Now get off of me", He said. I got off of him and we both stood up. "Now my earbuds", I said holding out my hand. "Thank you", I said. We both walked in and that douchebag Rodrick left me. I headed to my class and saw the worst thing in my life.