More Than a Co-Manager

««———Paper POV———»»

After hearing what had just happened in the art room, I can't help but be washed over with guilt. Why didn't I go back? Well, I was busy helping Soap clean and OJ make dinner, but still!

I could've sworn I heard Balloon go after Suitcase a while ago, so hopefully that goes well. Being older than some of the other contestants means I have to make sure everyone is okay, and not in a bad mental state.

While wiping down the counters right by the salad bar, I look up at some of the others now eating at the cafeteria tables.

Soap let herself have a break and decided to eat with Microphone, Fan was taking pictures of the food while Test Tube was trying to convince him to not waste battery, and-

Why is Paintbrush holding paint thinner from Lightbulb? Best not to intervene.

I would go and sit with the others, but I already had my dinner with OJ. Speaking of him, what could OJ be doing?

I was about to go and find him, but then something catches the corner of my eye. A latex Balloon.

He had a sort of, sad expression. I decided to go up to him and give Balloon a small smile, "Hi Balloon, are you okay?"

Balloon looks up at me slightly confused, but then realizes that he was being asked a question. "Oh, y-yeah, I'm alright. Suitcase is sleeping so, she won't be coming down for dinner."

She won't? I mean, I am glad Suitcase is getting the rest she needs after all of the commotion that had happened in the art room, but I also don't want her to go hungry.

"She is? Well that's great but, will she be hungry in the morning?" I ask Balloon, hopefully not adding onto his concerns at the moment. This day has had enough worry as it is with the final four arriving, and the art room situation. Now I can't even find my husband.

Balloon gives me a soft reply, "I-I don't know. Most likely, yes." Right after he tells me, Balloon walks over to the cafeteria tables to go and grab his dinner. I almost reached out to try and hold his shoulder, but pull my hand back and change my mind.

Shouldn't fill up Balloon with questions at the moment. Now, what was I doing? Oh, finding OJ.

I walk outside of the cafeteria and into the main lobby, but some call it a living room because of the couch and TV. Just across the room, I can see OJ's office door that is most likely locked. But still, I walk over to the door carefully about to knock. But before I can, I hear OJ...behind me?

"Paper? Did you need something from the office?" OJ is behind me with some paint on his glass, it causes me to immediately turn around.

"Eep! Oh, hey dear! I was just looking for you." I walk towards OJ to directly face him, and away from the office door.

OJ gives me a smile and holds my right hand, "Paper, you didn't have to look for me. I was just cleaning up the art room." That would explain the paint on his glass. It looked like a red paint can fell on his side.

"Well, you are covered in paint! C'mon, I'll clean you up in the bathroom." There was a towel closet and a public bathroom for the contestants, but OJ and I both live in the hotel as well so we share our own room right next to the office.