Safe travels (One-shot)

A.N: Ok so after like 4 years basically of not writing I really wanted to get back into it !!! This is my attempt at a warm up ,, IF I get back the hang of it and all, I might try and remaster old pieces, or just generally write stuff ig? Idk,, EITHER WAY uhhh enjoy the read and lmk what y'all think xp
________________________________________________________________________________

Our story starts in the Wild West , as we follow a brave cowgirl making her way to Pants' Manor. Our heroine had been hired as an escort for Mr.Pants Quince's daughter, the famed Annie Pants, whose brightness rivals the clearest sunrise and whose beauty it is narrated leaves the mouth agape just as long as the Grand Canyon.
Cobra didn't often accept jobs as such, however the pay for the task was quite hefty, as the family was extremely wealthy.

_________________________________________________________

Cobra's POV:

I wasn't exactly thrilled about making my way to such an area. Yeah it would make sense for a manor to be a safer area, however a lot of criminals like to orbit Mr. Pants land, scouting for defenseless victims. Let's make one thing clear, I wasn't in any danger, I ain't exactly a damsel , I know how to hold my ground, I just don't really want to engage in conflict at this time, I get cranky around dinnertime.

As the manor started to appear at the horizon, I got into thinking about what the job was again, to form a mental map for easier travel and such: I would have to pick up Mrs. Annie Pants from her residence ( hoping the Madame knew how to ride the horse her father would provide her with that is ), travel for the town of Mellow Water and reunite her to her promised husband. An easy job. Nothing more. Yet ...
I find myself thinking about Miss Annie's fate. I have a feeling this whole marriage wasn't her choice, then again that shouldn't matter to me. No matter how unfair this arrangement was for her, there was nothing that could be changed, therefore I should just Not think about this. Just as easy as that.

My thought process was disrupted as I heard the sound of hooves pounding on the ground. My hand instinctively reached for my Colt that was resting on the side of my belt, however I realized that this wasn't an assault, it was instead Mr.Pants himself, who had come out of his way to reach me and guide me back to his residence. "Miss Cobra! I am so glad to see you here!", he said. I nod in his direction. "Here, follow me this way," he continued, "we are stopping at our stables before everything else, so your ride can get taken care of before the travels."
"He likes specific care and doesn't appreciate such administrations from anyone other than me." He nods in understanding. "What do you need brought at the stables for these activities?" He asks "I got everything I need, you needn't worry Sir."I say as I point to my bags.

As we got to our destination, Mr. Pants said he shall go talk to his daughter and mentioned I would be welcomed to join them as soon as I was done, leaving me alone to tent to Baxter, my beloved companion.

*Small skip bcs I genuinely cannot be bothered with writing Cobra taking care of Baxter, soz*

As I approach the house's doors, I hesitate, thinking about knocking, but after deciding I don't actually care about knocking after being invited inside, I just swing the doors open, which end up hitting the wall, producing a very loud thud.

As two pairs of eyes turn to look at me I freeze. The tales were true, Annie Pants was really quite gorgeous, I must say. The doe-eyed look she had on her face would be able to melt metal if she lingered her gaze enough.

Annie's POV:

Father has been trying all day to get a word out of me, but since he announced that I would be married to some Man I had never met a few days ago, I refused to speak to him at all. He told me to at least try and behave and try to have a conversation with my escort as we travel, as well as recommending that I do not try and escape, as said escort had been instructed to catch me if I tried anything, which I wasn't thrilled about.