Chapter 20 ~ Love bite

🖤

Words:-1600+

Words:-1600+

___________________

Raha's pov__

He departed after that-after kissing me. As I gingerly touched my lips, they felt swollen and painful. I approached the mirror, only to be confronted with a vivid redness that seemed almost grotesque on my face. To my dismay, there was also a noticeable mark on my neck.

The distress intensified as I contemplated the impression this would leave on others. What would people think of me now? I harbored a deep resentment towards that older man. First, he stole my first kiss, and now this unsightly mark on my neck.

The term "old man" echoed in my thoughts with disdain. I loathed the entire encounter.

Feeling thoroughly disturbed and distracted, I retreated to my bed, longing for solace. Overwhelmed, I lay there, yearning for sleep. Despite the emotional turmoil, I set an alarm, mindful of early classes the next day.

After considerable contemplation, I succumbed to the need for rest and drifted into an uneasy slumber.

_______________

In the morning, my sleep was abruptly disrupted by the blaring alarm. Swiftly, I woke up, neatly made my bed, and hurried towards the bathroom. After a refreshing shower, I dressed in formal attire, meticulously styling my hair into a ponytail. As I scrutinized myself in the mirror, the unsightly mark from the previous night, courtesy of that older man, was glaringly apparent.

Promptly addressing the concern, I applied foundation and seamlessly concealed the mark with compact powder. A sigh of relief washed over me as the mark became virtually invisible.

With my bags packed, I hastily made my way towards the college, opting to catch a cab on the road. The morning rush had begun, and I aimed to navigate through it swiftly.

As I reached the parking area, shock gripped me. The old man stood there, casually leaning against his car, his legs crossed. Bewilderment clouded my thoughts-why was he here? I hadn't informed him about my early class, and he might assume I was still asleep.

Contemplating his presence, I speculated that he might be leaving for the office, unaware of my schedule. Deciding to maintain my distance, I stealthily stepped away from the mansion, hoping not to draw his attention.

However, as I approached the gate, a horn sounded. Glancing back, I locked eyes with the old man who sat in his car. The brief exchange of looks left me feeling uneasy and uncertain.

"Inside," he insisted, gesturing towards the car seat. Frustration mounted within me-why couldn't he just leave me be? Ignoring his command, I continued walking, determined not to comply.

His tone shifted, becoming more menacing. "Raha, if you won't get inside the car, I will do the same thing I did yesterday." Shock and disbelief clouded my thoughts. Could a man be this shameless? What if he bite me again? Panic set in; I hadn't brought any foundation to conceal the marks, and time was ticking away.