𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙾𝙽𝙴 𝚆𝙷𝙴𝚁𝙴 𝙸𝚃'𝚂 𝙱𝙻𝙰𝙺𝙴'𝚂 𝙱𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙷𝙳𝙰𝚈.

As dawn broke on a warm summer's day in June, Gwen Stefani's eyes fluttered open to see flickers of light peeking through the curtain, painting the bedroom in hues of gold and amber. Gwen stirred, feeling the comforting weight of her husband's arm snaked around her waist, the familiar sensation bringing a serene smile to her face. Gwen's heart skipped a beat, a swirl of emotions surrounding her. Today wasn't just any other day; today was Blake's birthday, and this year, Gwen planned to surprise him with a gift unlike anything he'd ever received before.

A few days earlier, Gwen had found herself in the bathroom, staring intently at a pregnancy test and waiting anxiously for a result. After a few more agonizing minutes, Gwen saw two pink lines staring back at her. She was ecstatic, and the urge to tell her husband burned like wildfire in her chest. But Blake was away on tour, and Gwen was absolutely not going to share such big news over the phone. She wanted the surprise to be perfect, a memory that would be etched in their hearts for as long as they lived.

Her days, though brightened by the beautiful secret she harbored, were shadowed by the physical toll the early days of pregnancy often exacted. Cramps, nausea, and a lingering sense of fatigue were becoming her constant companions. As yet another wave of nausea washed over her, Gwen rushed into the guest bathroom, desperate not to wake her sleeping husband. The retching was a violent whisper in the quiet house, a stark contrast to the peace of the early hour.

Once she was finished throwing up, Gwen washed her face and cleaned her teeth, hoping a warm shower would make her feel well enough to greet Blake on his special day. The steam eased her nausea a little and woke her up, and she was ready to start the day. Gwen slipped into a simple white sundress, adorned with a lace trim and threw her blonde hair into a messy bun, before quietly heading downstairs to start on Blake's breakfast. The kitchen was glowing with the light of the Oklahoma sun, and the scents of sizzling bacon and freshly brewed espresso began to fill the room.

The stairs creaked under Blake's weight as he made his descent, alerting Gwen of his approach. As he snuck up behind his wife, his strong hands found her sides in a playful tickle. Her reaction was swift – a tiny jump and soft gasp – before she turned to greet him with a tender kiss.
"That's it? Come on, it's my birthday!" Blake said with a playful pout.

Gwen returned his gaze with an apologetic smile, her chocolate brown eyes sparkling with secrets that were yet to be shared. "Be patient, cowboy. I'll make it up to you later," she winked at him, the tone in her voice both mysterious and thrilling as Blake turned back to finish his breakfast.

The two of them sat together on the back porch, eating breakfast and enjoying the picturesque views, something they often did in the summertime. Today, though, there was an unfamiliar weight in the air, charged with Gwen's nervous anticipation. Blake couldn't help but notice the change in his wife's demeanor.

"You okay, pretty girl?" He asked, breaking the silence between them. Gwen smiled brightly, although Blake could tell it wasn't completely genuine as she replied, "I'm fine. Just a little tired."

Blake didn't buy it, but he wasn't going to push her and make her upset, so he just gave a nod and stood up to help her with the dishes. The truth was that Gwen was growing a little nervous about telling him. She wasn't quite sure why, as they had spoken about starting a family and had agreed to start trying once Blake was finished with his tour, but she still couldn't shake the butterflies from her stomach.

The dishes clinked lightly as they washed and dried them, a comfortable silence settling between them. As the last plate was stacked away, Blake turned to his wife, cupping her face gently in his calloused hands, pulling her into a kiss that spoke volumes of the love they shared. Gwen melted into him, her fingers gripping his flannel shirt as if holding on for dear life. Amid their tender dance, Gwen's stomach tilted violently and she pushed Blake off of her, rushing over to the sink where she vomited, her body convulsively rejecting the breakfast she had barely touched. Blake was at her side in an instant, his hands rubbing her back in circular motions.