Chapter 1. "The leach" lets go.

"So, are you coming back next summer?" "Are you?" A tall blonde boy asked back to the smiling brunette girl standing in front of him. She was blushing almost at every word he said, yet his face remained as expressionless as ever, even when hearing the answer.

"Only if you come back." "Uh, yeah. Probably. I don't know yet, so." He answered tiredly. He always did, well, mostly to her, but she was to bothered with her crush to even notice it.

Making a fool of herself everytime he would complain or joke about her to his friends: "I swear, she's like always glued to me." "Like a leach." His friends were always in different places at the lake house but whenever they were around, they sure had fun. While they would stand together or walk with her, they would joke and mock as Arianne would laugh along with them awkwardly. She was shy but tried everything to be around Kace.

"Ari the leach." He would call her when in company of others, constantly looking for approval from his friends. But whenever it was just the two of them he would be nice from time to time- wait, no, they weren't alone. They never were. He was always avoiding it, he was nice to her in front of everyone else but his douchebag friends. He was mostly in her company with one or more other people.

"He's nice to me though." She would tell herself everytime someone pointed out his mean demeanor towards her. "He likes me, I'll wait just a little bit more for him to admit it. He will. One day."

She waited, and waited, and still waited. But he never did. "He doesn't like you Arina. Besides, I really don't know what you see in him- " "Because you don't look at him the way I do Kylie!" Arianne had her friend to vent to, someone who would listen and hopefully side with her, but even Kylie didn't do the later.

"Look, I'm advising you, as your best friend, to just look away for once. There's so manny more guys around and you're focusing on only one of them, the one that just so happens to be a complete idiot." Arianne was sitting on her bed with her head down and her best friend sitting opposite of her, holding her hands. Arianne was crying and Kylie was helping her get over her "ridiculous crush", that's what she called it. Arianne had known Kylie ever since she moved into the neighborhood six years ago.

The second Arianne had seen Kylie's skateboard on the street, she knew. That beautiful, full of color and emotion. Almost looked like an art piece you just can't stop looking at in a gallery. That skateboard was her future, her dream, Kylie was also cool though and in about five conversations Arianne would prefer Kylie over the skateboard anytime anyway. Since that hot summer day, and still to this day, Arianne and Kylie were inseparable.

"You'll find someone better, trust me. Chances are, he's gonna be even better looking than Kace, and with a way better personality and I bet anyone can treat you better than him. So really, you have a lot of options here Arina." "But none of them will be as pretty when smiling, he's just so- so..."

Arianne liked Kace since she was nine, but when asked to name the things that she likes about him, she stuttered almost every time. Slowly year after year she noticed more his smile over his posture but even that was soon fading from her head as she was finally, after almost five years, seeing Kace in another light. Not when he was in front of his or her parents, but when he was in front of his friends, laughing and mocking her. "Ari the leach. He refers to you as "Ari the leach"! I'm sorry but he doesn't like you Arina." As much as those words stung her, she finally believed them.

That night, and manny more nights to come, Arianne had cried herself to sleep, sometimes she would even weep in her dreams. Because as much as falling in love can hurt, it will never hurt as much as falling out of love.

But love can also be sweet, lovely. It can be beautiful and soon Arianne learned that. Beginning of school, eighth grade was the year in December that she was approached by Denver.